Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
color question
This year I've wanted to add some more swimbait type baits along with some more shaky worms to my selection, but I always have trouble deciding what color to go to.

First off, I live in the North Dakota and Minnesota area. A lot of the lakes are murky that i fish with sometimes a clearer lake. Most of the bass lakes that I fish consist of mostly bluegill, perch, trout, and crawfish. My problem is working with the water color and the color of my baits.

So in lakes that have the certain baitfish, what color should i be using for a 5 inch swimbait?

Also, What color for these shaky worms?
[signature]
Here in the N.E. we have more clear water than stained. But white seems to be the go to bait in either water. Clear water I'll use a white with silver sides.
[signature]
Match the hatch. Always worked for me regardless of what species i'm targeting, fresh or saltwater. You can't go wrong if your bait is mirroring the local forage for what ever time of year it is.

Also, in really murky water, i've always prefered something with a little flash or lighter colors. In clear water, I go for detail-oriented lures. [Smile]
[signature]