Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
slow but steady wins the race
finaly got in 4 days on the ice, lots and lots of tiny gills, had to weed though a hundred to get one sizeable one...

the other night one of the guys brought out his boy, "12" he hooked on to a monster crappie, his first, he tried to bring it up though the hole like the gills, but before any one could get out a word he had pulled the hook from the paper mouth...

so I explained to him how when you get a crappie you have to drag it off the side of the hole or get your ice scooper under it to get it out of the whole...

the next day, he brought one of his school chums out with him, and he was doing pretty good on his own pulling up gills, his first time ever ice fishing.... while sittin there chewin the fat, the boy told his school chum about catchin crappie and how to land them though the ice... Made my day, to hear my lessons didnt go through deaf ears....[cool] made my weak to see the lesson being passed along....[cool][cool]
[signature]
Nice to hear someone is catching fish through the ice, It seems to me this ice fishing season does not like me to much lol, I will be up at the Granby fishing tournament and hopefully thats when my good fishing starts.
[signature]
I am doing ok on the gills, crappie have been slow, only one flag on my tippup this winter so far....

I am hoping for a little more ice so I can get out to deaper waters for walleye and trout...
[signature]