Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 2-10
Not sure what to report here Yuba was really slow today. We (fish_fear_me2 and I) started fishing at 8:15 am and left around 2:00 pm we caught 8 fish total in that time. We talked about moving but the wind was so bad we didn't. I did however take my camera and memory this time so I can post a picture of the 8 fish we caught. I sure wish it was a picture of both our limits but there is always next time. Smile
[signature]
TD and I was there as well, we found that you had to shake the lure a lot not more then two or three inches at a time and they would hit when they came through....
[signature]
Do you realy eat that much perch to keep a limit every time? maybey i am missing something i have never tried perch and if its that good ill have to try it [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Perch is good. We can (and do) have it several times a week. There are many ways to prepare it, and with different side dishes it is not like having the "same ol' same ol'" all the time.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]A limit of 10 perch makes about a pound of fillets. Just right for a large meal for two people...or a light meal with leftovers for fish sandwiches or salad additions.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TD, Do you have a cook book for all of your fishy preps? I know a few years back we had a rally at LB with your kitty crispies and I was hooked.
If you have one PM me so I can download it and prepare all your species of fish for my family.

BTW I have never tried Perch either. I have only eatin trout and catfish.
[signature]
You go me beat i have only ate trout out of utah waters but if perch is that good i want to try some
[signature]
You'll never eat those nasty trout again!
[signature]
We love perch here I have 3 kids and the little one eats the most. So we can never have to much perch it is awesome fish.
[signature]
Perch is about the only fish I like to eat, trout when you eat it two hours later it comes back for you to tast again but perch you can eat it cold or hot and never an after tast...

And you can handle a perch and your hands don't smell like they do with trout (and the tast! much better)...
[signature]
Very well put it is my favorite fish so far for eating here in Utah and my 7 year old agrees. I hope when we go again we can get more.
[signature]
I hope we see you next saturday for the BFT get together...
[signature]
We will try to make it. It sure sounds fun I hope everyone that goes has a great time!!!!!
[signature]
Dont feel so bad about getting 8 me and my son were there yesterday afternoon and only managed 2 and of course he caught them. [Tongue] Perch by far are one of the best tasting fish in utah walleye being the other. There is not a bad way to cook them either they just taste delicious! [Wink] Cant wait till saturday so we can give it a try again maybe i will try going down friday evening and see if i can catch some for the perch party.
[signature]
About the best perch recipe I have tasted is Pikeman99's wife's panko recipe. It is great. I could never get my son to eat fish until he tried some of Mrs Pikemans perch. He has been eating it ever since. If you get a chance next week try it - you won't be disapointed! Glen and his wife understand good food!!

Chester
[signature]
I have had both perch and walleye and could not tell witch was witch they are the best eating fish...
[signature]
That is so great that your son got both of the fish that day I hope that when my daughters go with me that they get all the fish to. When kids go its all about them if they have fun its all that matters. I am glad you can both enjoy each other fishing.
[signature]
Hi Donna, bout time you got a pic of some fish [Wink]

Glad you had fun!
[signature]
Is that recipe a secret or can it be shared???? If it can be shared would you please post it or send it to me I am always looking for new ways to cook fish. [black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]
[/font][/size][/black]
[signature]
Be careful.. after trying perch, you might not want to eat trout again. You'll be convinced someone fooled you into thinking carp were really trout.
My Utah fish rankings on taste:
1. Walleye
2. Perch
3. White Bass (this ones kind of a secret, not a lot of people realize how good these guys taste)
4. Catfish
5. VERY Fresh Trout.

Maybe I am just not using some good recipes.. for trout.. BUT, I USED to like them a lot...
[signature]
yes I attached my brain before I left this morning remembered to grabbed the camera fresh batteries and the memory card that belongs to the camera. Smile now if I can keep that up I will have many pictures.
[signature]