Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boating
Does anyone know around what month of they year when your aloud to take boats out again?
[signature]
You are allowed to take your boat out anytime that you want. There is no law stating when you can take your boat out. Now as far as when the ice comes off some of the lakes is a different story. I live in Utah (from Colorado though) and the ice usually comes off around late March to Mid-April time for most of the lakes here, but we have had a very "good" winter this year so it may be pushed back a couple weeks. I dont ice fish so I am itching at the notion of taking my boat out as soon as the ice comes off one of these reservoirs. If you are in the same boat as I am go to the Pueblo Res. I know that is not frozen and it has a ton of water in it, dont know about the fishing report though. You guys here on the Colorado board need to get out more and get some of the anglers in that great state to be apart of BFT. Post some reports!!!
TS
[signature]
Jason-

The ice should be off Chatfield, Cherry Creek, and Aurora in the next 2 weeks, maybe 3 at the most. Pueblo Res. is already ice free and open for boats. Chatfield, et a., will open to boats as soon as the ice is gone. Good open water fishing is just days ahead for pre-spawn walleyes! Yee-ha!
[signature]
Thanks, I am itching to get out and troll for some walleyes.
[signature]