Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WORLD'S BIGGEST TROUT
[Image: taimen1.jpg] HERE'S A PIC OF THE LARGEST TROUT IN THE WORLD. iT IS THE TAIMEN OF MONGOLIA. iT GETS OVER 7 FEET LONG AND CAN WEIGH OVER 200 POUNDS. iTS DIET CONSISTS OF RODENTS...LEMMINGS, BUNNIES, ETC. CAN YOU IMAGINE USING A WHOLE BUNNY SKIN FOR A FLY?

XMAN IS PLANNING TO CHECK THEM OUT SOON AND WANTS TO SET UP A GUIDE SERVICE OVER THERE.
[signature]
I saw a fishing show that they took a Old Soviet heilcopter and went to a river in Mongolia to fish for taimen. They were using streamers and having no luck. One of the locals watched with wonder as the American with the $800 fly rod sight casting at a 6' taimen. Then the local ran off in to the brush and came back with a vole tied to a simple line. he tossed it into the pool and Slam the fight was on 20 minutes later he pulled it in Monglian Style. The match the hatch guy in his infinate wisdom tied the biggest mouse...gopher thing he could and started catching fish. The truth is nothing beats local knowledge.
[signature]
Wow, what a giant! WH2
[signature]
Hey Tube

i guess you have been doing you research. what an amazing fish they are. sometime this summer or fall depending on time constraints i will be spending a month over there. ill be sure to check in with pictures and let everyone know how its going. the great thing is the fishing is almost all topwater for that species. dont get me started, i just spent a week with my ocntact over there ironing out some details.
[signature]
man that taimen would make alot of smoked fish!!!!
[signature]
what a beastly fish, man would i love to have a fish like that in my local river.
[signature]