Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tried braided line
Well, I just tried braided line for the second time, this time on a spinning reel and 30lbs test. I wanted to try my texas rig, spinnerbaits and some jigs with it. I have to say I liked how it felt, no memory at all, and I was just wondering if this line could be an all around good line for all aplications. I realize may not be the best for crackbaits but what about all other baits. What if I try it with my dropshooting rig in like a 15lbs test or so, what is your opinion on this?
[signature]
I wouldn't try it for dropshotting unless you tied on a long leader. I usually finesse fish so I like flouro or mono depending on the presentation. Braided line definately has it's advantages, it is very strong and light with no stretch or memory. I tried using it a few times but it's just not my thing unless I'm going catfishin' where the water clarity is like soup. If you like it then I say use it. I never got really comfortable with it but most of the waters I fish are fairly clear where I would think the fish could see the line but you can always tie a leader to it. Some people use it for jigging deep for the mackinaw because there is no stretch.
[signature]
I use alot of braided line, but only where I can get away with it. Fishing weeds, sencos or dragging a texas rig it works great. I do use copolimar for cranks and drop shot. Salt water it doesn't seem to matter.
[signature]