Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
going to jordenelle on sat need help PLEASE
I went to Jordenelle last fall and i caught a monster smallmouth it was 19" long and was the biggest that i have ever caught. It was sure hard to throw that big smallie back, but the law is the law. Maybe someday i can get a reproduction fish mount of it. I was wondering if any of you bass fishermen would give me some info. on what to use and where to go to get into some smallmouths early in the spring. P.S. that big bass was caught right by the boat ramp within about 20 yards of it on a 3" curly tail [Smile] Good luck fishing.
[signature]
Spinners have produced more smallies for me on jordanelle than any other lure. I dont spend a whole lot of time up there, but I can always count on them getting me some fish even with my limited days on that body of water.

You have now posted two posts on smallies. My question is, do you fish pineview for them? They have some real monsters in there that will go in the four pound class. They dont get much attention because most guys fish the muskies. But theres a ton of smallies in there, and they can get real big too.

Flaming gorge has some big pig smallies too. You gotta love them bronze bass.
[signature]
[green][size 2]I could tell ya, then I would have to kill ya. Water temperature needs to hit the high 50's at Jordanelle for any early success. Natural colors in tubes, curlytail grubs, and senkos are the ticket. NOW DON"T TELL ONE!!! OK? They are mine, all mine I tell ya...[Wink][/size][/green]
[signature]
Kent and i were there last Wed. The water is still to cold for the samllies. Between the 2 of us we managed to get 4 or 5 bows for a 10 hour trip. Not the best day for catching, but a real nice day to be out fishing. I think the water temps needs to be in the low 50s for the smallies to pick up. Can any of help us out of that? They still aren't biting at Deer Creek either ...... too cold there also.
[signature]
I have fished pineview many times for perch in the winter and i have also fished pineview many times for crappie in the spring time. As for smallmouths i haven't targeted them at pineview, but my buddy and i have caught a few fishing for crappies. We caught our smallies on the north side of cemetary point out from the small dirt parking lot on the north side of the road just before you get to the boat ramp. We caught our smallies on 1/16 ounce green curly tail jigs fishing the flooded brush in about 1' to 15'feet of water. I have only caught a few and they were about 5 to 10 inches but my buddy caught a 15" smallie a nice one. Could you give me any info on where and what to use at pineview for bass.

I fish flaming gorge all the time in the summer when the water warms up for smallmouths. I usually catch lots of small bass anywhere from 3" to 10". I have also caught some nice ones to. Last summer i caught a 17" smallmouth, what a dandy bass my biggest in the gorge. I usually like to use tube jigs sizes 1 1/2" to 4" long and curly tail grubs in the same sizes to. i like to use 1/16 oz. jigs so it falls really slow and i'm able to fish the shallow water and the deep too. Green, white, black seem to be my favorite colors.

I have caught smallmouths from the firehole boat ramp on the green river in wyoming all the way below sheep creek bay on the utah side of the gorge. The bass at the gorge are usually easy to catch all you need to do is fish the rocks and the backs of the coves. The only problem now is the gorge is getting so low that there isn't as many rocks and cover to fish now. You can still catch just as many but you need to fish the flats more sometimes. If you have any info on smallmouth fishing please share it with me. Hope this helps everyone out GOOD LUCK FISHING
[signature]
there are some big browns in the lake, also eyes, perch, and bows. pull a yellow and black lure, or a rapala for the big ones. after dark is best,[reply]
[signature]
what kind of fishing do the want to do in So cal? and what area are you going to be in? p.m me i can let you know were to go in So Cal
[signature]
If you're in Southern California, that's my old stomping grounds, try Castaic, Cachuma, Piru, Pyrimid for bass, and the Pacific Ocean for deep sea fishing. You want the old fashioned Utah fishing, there's the trout in the San Bernardino Mountians where there's Lake Arrowhead, and Lake Gregory etc.

If you want some highly dangerous yet adventurous panfishing, try Los Angeles' Alondra Park. Don't go there at night, and bring your gun... LMAO
[signature]