Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyrum (report)
The kids and I launched at 10:00 calm and warm,water temp.was 48 we headed east along the shore there in 25-35'of water using rainbow rapala's one on leaded line 3 colors out and the other flat lineing with small popgear in front.We cought 4 and lost about the same, all 12-15" rainbows.There were about 10 other boats on the water and everyone seemed to be catching a few,not real fast but almost enough to keep the kids from getting bord!!All the fish we cought and lost were on the north side between the ramp and the swim beach except 1 that we lost on the south side.Lots of fish suspended between 8-20',the wind blew us off around 2:00 water temp when we left was 51.8,All the fish were cought on the rapala's except 1 and it was cought on a blue/silver Krippler!!The water is at" Maximum Capacity"so you better get out and hit it before the skiers and jet skis crowd us off!!"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.[Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the report!

I was there over the weekend, just off the dam on the west end. Fished from the bank using power bait and didn't even get a bite. Others fishermen didn't have any luck either that I could tell.

The lake is full, they're not letting any water out. My guess is that they anticipate another summer of drought conditions so they're conserving as much as they can.

As for waterskiers, yes they will soon all be out as thick as flies. My suggestion? Take a BB gun- they make great moving targets!! hehe

D
[signature]
i wish some of the other lakes had this attitude . . .i swear i think its some local yocal in most of these smaller lakes 'in the middle of nowhere' deciding when to release water . .

[unsure]

sm
[signature]
Hey muskyhunter,I've got relatives in hyrum and I'll probably be stay up there for a weekend or so, never fished hyrum resivior, any tips on shore fishing the bass up there?-TIBBZZ-
[signature]
Tibbzz,I have never really targeted the bass, but have seen them cought around the docks and up the bank towards the east there is a bunch of old junk cars thats where I would try??"BIG FISH RULE"M.H.
[signature]
Fished for a few hours Tuesday and caught 7 rainbows all about 15" on Jakes spinalures gold and silver. Most of the fish were hanging around the cove straight across from the boat dock down about 15' to 20'.

Badger
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Badger,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Was that you in the blue float tube or potoon boat out and around Devil's half acre around 6:30 - 7:00 pm? The water sure was nice and calm.[/size][/font]
[signature]