Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for opinions of Honda outboards
[size 1]Anybody ever had a Honda outboard? I'm looking at buying a new 4-stroke 15hp outboard. I like the alternater specs on the Honda which has 12amps at 3500 rpm, and thats why I'm considering them. If anyone has any experience with these I'd sure like to hear what you think about them! Thanks!

Here's a link to the motor I'm looking at: [/size][url "http://www.honda-marine.com/modelDetail.aspx?modelGroup=BF15"][#333366][size 1]http://www.honda-marine.com/...aspx?modelGroup=BF15[/size][/#333366][/url]
[signature]
I had a 9.9 for three years before upgradeing my boat and motor. I can't say enough about that motor. It started on 1-2 pulls and ran strong. The only problem I had is when I ran through alot of weed the fins on the water pump would sheer off, but never enough so as I couldn't get home. I replaced it twice. Wasn't hard to replace .
[signature]
i have owned 2, a 5 and 20 hp.i never had a problem.the 5 hp i sold last fall ,i bought it new in 1991 ,never had any problems.right no i looking for a 75 hp honda
[signature]
Thanks for the replies guys. I cant find anything bad about them, well besides the price. But you know what they say, you get what you pay for.

Are parts expensive? Are there any aftermarket stuff like different props?
[signature]
thier parts are a little more than most,i doubt that you will need to buy anything except an impeller.

they do make afthermarket props,impellers,and many other parts
[signature]
Sweet, I'm looking forward to picking one up. Should scoot my little tin dinger pretty good. I'll post some pics once I get all the stuff I'm doing. My buddy and I are going to fabricate a custom consol and were hooking up the Honda with remote steering and throttle control. Should be a fun project! Thanks for the replies man!
[signature]