Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
your spring fishing and the weather effect ?
our weather in michigan has been on the suckey side of the scale this spring from snow to the sevinties and icestorms and snow all over again . this has got to be the worst spring fishing i can remember for years !

the spawning runs are at least a month behind here in the northern half of the mit , thoes early arivers that planed on dropping some little fisheys are not going to be all that sucessful i think . water temps have been up and down so much that it may be hard for the eggs to gestate properly . less fish down the road ? who knows ?

has anyone else had a weird spring as well ? or are we the only ones cursed by nature this year ?
[signature]
yah its all goofy in utah too . . at least as far as im concerned . . april has been crap,,,,,,,

sm
[signature]
I can agree with SouthernMan. I'm in NorthEastern Utah and the fishing here has been odd. The Walleye haven't moved completely into the spawning areas, the Browns are still in the Walleye spawning areas, the trout other than Browns are spread all over the lake instead of cruising the shorelines. Every time we get a few days of steady weather, they start moving towards normal patterns, then it snows, rains, or blows.
[signature]
We had a few snow sprinkles here in MI this morning. Its gonna be a long summer, if the weather keeps this way.
[signature]
Welcome to the board fishingirl! As you have probably noticed in reading the boards. If you have a question, you can most likely find an answer here. If you have answers, don't hesitate to jump in.
[signature]
it's getting me spooked a little , the day i decide not to go fishing it will probably be the best day of the year to be out there !

it's warm enough now to start taking the kids along , at least there better at catching the big fish better than there daddy . no bull on that , it must be in the way they tend to fidigit around , brings some action to the baits !
[signature]
well hellooooo , fishingirl ! wassup ? welcome to the boards . maybe we should hook up and go fishing together sometime ? [Wink] do you have any plans for this weekend ? [cool] yes , it should be a long , hot summer !
[signature]

Hi there lonehunter,

Here in Southern California, especially the Los Angeles to Oceanside coastal areas, it feels like this has been one of the worst January to April periods I have experienced in a while for surf, bay, and jetty fishing. It's been storms, dirty water, cold water, more storms and now nothing but wind and more wind for the last month or more!

Just in the last week and a half the ocean water temp has gotten to 60 degrees, cold for sunny southern cal at this time.

On end to wind in sight. That's why I'm sitting here typing this!!!!

JapanRon
[signature]
I would love to go fishing this weekend. Trout starts saturday, all I have to do is go across the street to the stream.
[signature]
the last time i was in southern cal was in 1990 , mid july the wife says , all i remember about the ocean was that the jellyfish were everywhere ! i loved the weather , the sites , and the people . just one fantastic week long trip ! i never got to put a line out , and regret it to this day . hopefully i will be able to return again .

southern cal , what a paradise !
[signature]
sounds good , i had other plans but can change them , i will have my kids with me .
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]SO CAL!!!!! HECK YA!!! its all about so cal. i live in cerritos, so cal and the fishing is the best! they said on the tv that california is the best state in fishing!!!!! ahah heck ya. so many freshwater places and the whole coast!!!! tuna time!!!! sea bass. calico's sandies! the greatest![/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris (truline)[/size]
[signature]
so cal is a *&$%hole!

sm
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]ours too![Tongue] it just sucks[unsure] i really want to go this week but i hope it doesnt mess me up at santa ana this week![Smile][/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]dont be jealous!!!!![Tongue] our weather is everything! we have it all snow rain sun and overcast all the time. snow in hour and beach in an hour.. u name it we got it!!!!![Tongue][/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris (dont be hatin)[Tongue][/size]
[signature]
hahahahaha

sm
[signature]
[Wink][size 4]LOL!!!!![Tongue][/size]

[size 4][/size]

[size 4]-chris[/size]
[signature]
I JUST WANY OL' MAN WINTER TO JUMP IN HIS HOOPTIE-MOBILE AND HIT THE ROAD TO CHILLE OR ARGENTINA , ANYWHERE BUT HERE ! WHATS HE WAITING FOR ?CHRISTMAS ?

ASTA LA VISTA , AREVA DIRCHE , BON SWA , GET ! COMON' SUMMER AND BEKINIES !
[signature]
in vermont its been the same but caught a nice rainbow 18 inces in my brook last saturday. only one in there i think. haha fished up stream quite a ways been in there all winter probably. real pretty good eatin.
[signature]