Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calaveras/Braunig Lakes- San Antonio - Report 4-21-03
SW Charters - Fishing report - 21 April 03

Greetings; God bless our troops and democratic government; isn't freedom great? Pray for our Soldiers. As a U.S. Army Veteran, my heart is in all of this.

Stop and think about this phrase:

" We live in the land of the free; because it's the home of the brave !"
Share this thought with others and keep it in your daily blessings.

Sorry; the digital camera has been in for cleaning and should be out soon! I missed out on sharing some great photos with you.

Fishing has been way above average. The biologists and Texas Fisheries crews have really out done themselves this year! Mr Dean had reported that averages were up; I had no idea of what to expect. Thanks guys; I'm thrilled and impressed!

Reds, Stripers, & big Blues!!!!!!!! This past couple of weeks has showed Blues to 20 pounds, Reds to 23 pounds and today, Stripers hit about the 7 pound mark!!!!! What a great place to fish; Texas. It can't always be great in numbers, but it can always be a learning adventure. Most of the trips have been most pleasing. We were seeing regular daily numbers on reds, between 15-30 fish per half-day trips.
The donated Reds from last year are averaging about 19-22 inches. The keepers are great on the BBQ!
The striper fishing has really been making a good showing this week, as water temps approach 80 degrees. Between yesterday and today, we boxed about 20 that ranged from 5-7 pounds.

Structure fishing is producing the stripers, with reds working more of an open water pattern. Blues are seen some on trolling, most on any type of cat fish bait. They are still waiting to spawn, so keep working the deeper rocks.

Spring has sprung, fish are finally moving, and the fishing is only going to get better! So make plans, grab the kids and wife, and let's hit the lake. Trips for weekends are booking about 3 weeks out, week days are more available. Call for current vacancies.

Greetings to everyone from Mr. Lupe Garcia; my second guide here at Southwest. Lupe has been avid and extremely productive in the fish department, as added help on providing services to our larger groups.

No need to say more; GOT FISH? No? You must not be fishing with " SOUTHWEST ! "

So until your next nibble occurs, may screaming drags and monstrous fish romp in your dreams!

Thanks, take care, God bless, and remember our troops, ............ Jeff

( 2003 RED FISH COUNTER: as of 21 April 03 [font "Comic Sans MS"]Approximately 470[/font]
[signature]

Hey there fishywah,

Thinking of dumping mom in San Antonio for a navy reunion and hitting the coast for fishys in September. I'll keep my eyeballs peeled for good drum and spotted sea trout reports.

JapanRon
[signature]