Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3-x 4-x strength weedless treble hooks
I need some extra strength weedless treble hooks for peacock bass fishing in florida. I prefer long shank but any super duty weedless treble will do. I already tried the Matzuo and the eagle claw and they were not strong enough. The Matzuo looked like it had been through the garbage disposal after one fish. I really need some high quality, high strength hooks. Also, if anyone can tell me how to create a weedless treble myself (I already tried and failed) it would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
That's going to be tough, your best bet would be to find/make your own weed guard on a big treble. I'll see what I can find.
[signature]
Welcome aboard beerbattered and thanks for your inquiry. Longer shank treble hooks are generally found in the lower quality hooks.

There is a newer hook on the market that make a standard treble but with one of the hook a little longer. VMC is the one to try.

You may not find it in weedless but you can put your own weed guards on them for protection.

When I fish the Peacocks, I generally stay away from the trebles just because of the weed catching that they do. It is just as easy to hook them on a Cedar Plug with a single hook or use the AC Plug too.[cool]
[signature]
I tried some Matzuo trebles on some salmon a few years ago. They completely crushed them. Not a fan of their hooks at all.

I found the [url "http://www.mustad.no/australia_nz/ultrapoint/up_36233_b.htm"]Mustad 36233BLN[/url] treble worked pretty good. It's a much stronger hook and might work well for you. (They did for me).

Good Luck !!!

`Mike
I'm with TubeN2 use a good single hook that is weedless or rig it so the hook is up with out weedless it works great...
[signature]