Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker res and surrounding area help
I will be camping at baker for 5 days next week and wonder if anyone could share some area fishing hole advice?
[signature]
I am not real familiar with that area, I would suggest shooting PBH a pm because he seems to be familiar with that area.
[signature]
In the past, we have had success at Upper Enterprise for both trout and smallmouth bass (and even trophy sized green sunfish if that interests you), Newcastle Reservoir for smallmouth bass and now wipers, the Santa Clara River for browns, and Baker for browns. All of these spots are worth taking a look at...but, because of water level issues, rough fish, and time of year, expect mixed results.
[signature]
Baker has some nice browns. Pine is a smaller lake a couple miles north.

Enterprise is the closest lake. Upper was drained last fall and the lower has last years planters, plus what ever was flushed through the dam.

I'd try Santa Clara river or some of the small streams. Quail and Sand Hollow should be getting close to the spawn.
[signature]
its dry up there, bring a ton of water for camping . ..

only a small store there in veyo, great people, but occasionally they run low on stuff... bring everything u need

sm
[signature]
Thanks for all the info guy's, I'm somewhat familiar with the area, just not for several years. Thanks again
[signature]