Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad News for Deer Creek???
Here is another interesting aricle on KSL.com!!!
[url "http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2899485"]http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2899485[/url]

TS
[signature]
Now next year we will probably have a mild winter.
[signature]
There is just no good reason for that project to still be going on.[mad]

The dam work kept going on forever because they, the people in charge, changed their minds everytime the crew working on it finished. Crew and equipment move to next job only to be called back and do it again.

Get some new experts and make them all show up at the same time so this project can finally come to a end.
[signature]
o no. the walleyes are gona get blamed for it crashing again. and the good spot for eyes will be out of the water alowing the brush to take over. this is not good for the perch. lol no brush no survive. fat walleyes. lol
[signature]
Maybe the eyes will eat all the trout and eraticate them. After all who gives two carp about trout anyway.

[Tongue]
[signature]
[reply]Maybe the eyes will eat all the trout and eraticate them. After all who gives two carp about trout anyway.

[Tongue][/reply]Woah dude you got some weblos. Walleyes are worthless for anything but eating. They shouldn't be in our Utah lakes anyway. They're completely uncontrollable.
[signature]
I pretty much think the water managers in this state got their degrees from a Cracker Jacks box! We need more reservoirs, and no one seems to really care.
[signature]
ya for eating. lol i have had some that fought killer. big hens burn the drag and can cut 10 pound mono like butter when they get close and start to bull dog. but ive never caught 9 10 11 pound brokie so how can i compare the 2 ????
[signature]
I'm just messin' around about the Walleyes being worthless. I do think from the 100 or so I have caught that they are generally poor fighters. I have caught hens to nearly 10 pounds and I think the only way they could break quality 10 pound test is with those razor-like gill plates. I will guarantee you though that a 5lb. brook trout will pull harder than a 5lb. walleye. In fact, I think any trout but a cutt will out battle a walleye. But that doesn't make the walleye any less a sport fish. Just my opinion.
[signature]
It certainly is too bad about Deer creek, but the silver lining of this is that they will probably keep Jordanelle full for the entire summer due the expected high runoff and no Deer Creek storage. That will help the the fishery at the X quite nicely.

I fish both regularly, but if I had to pick only one it would be Jordanelle, hands down.
[signature]
Well, I personally couldn't be happier. Low water means less wake boats and water skiers. It won't keep my old blue boat off the lake. Any boat under 18 feet with a good four wheel drive tow vehicle will still be able to launch. And any time Deer Creek is left low for a year, new vegetation grows along the shoreline and up on the North end. When the water comes back up, the LMB and Perch will have real good cover for a couple years.
Who knows, maybe those fine self centered jack @$$&$ that think they own the island park ramp will go out of business.
[signature]
I have only fished DC once so I am truly indifferent. But if it means keeping the power squadron down and the fishing is not bad form my tube I am all for that part of it. I am not a fish snob when it comes to catchin I really like about anything tuggin on my string.
[signature]
o bob that would be a prayer come true for those guys to shut down. its already to thick up in our old night fishing spots on that end. if it gets mutch thicker we wont be able to swim a twister or drag bouncers and lindys. unless we take old blue and drag a cable aournd in a few spots after it fills back up. we even thought about going up and cutting some clear spots and marking them on the gps. ken
[signature]
I say leave the dam as is...

....if we have an earthquake and the dam bursts, what would we lose?

A. lots and lots of yuppie fly fishermen on the L. Provo!
B. half of Provo!

Sweet!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]WRONG AGAIN. Don'tcha know those "Orvis Dorks" can all walk on water. Probably more than a few of the Provoites think they can too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Rabblerouser.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[reply]

[#0000ff]Rabblerouser.[/#0000ff][/reply]

Orvis dorks? yeah, I guess your right. Those guys that fish the Provo are Orvis Dorks. Orvis Dorks are simply wannabe Tweeds. They just can't afford it!

Now, Tuberduder, what classification do you fall in? hmmmmm....

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=200580;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]what do you call this group? [/url]

I dont' know what classification that group would be in -- but at least when the dam on Deer Creek gives way, and all those Orivs Dorks are walking on water, you and your chronies will be safely riding the Utah Lake wave in your tricked out tubes!

catch-ya later dude!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]GNARLY, DUDE. SURF'S UP.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]KOWABUNGA.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]HANG TEN...OR TWELVE...OR WHATEVER.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[reply]
I say leave the dam as is...

....if we have an earthquake and the dam bursts, what would we lose?

A. lots and lots of yuppie fly fishermen on the L. Provo!
B. half of Provo!

Sweet! [#005000]I don't care who you are.... thats funny right there![/#005000] [/reply]
[signature]
that sucks. i wanted to put the pontoon boat i left in your garage in there when i came out to visit. any word on fish kill yet? im assuming that its still frozen over.
[signature]
north end opened up and shore fisherman were there yesterday just east of the island. starting to rise a little but too bad that they cant get their act together and finish that proect!!! wont be long till its ice off up there!!!
[signature]