Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sharkskin
anyone have any experince with the new Scientific Anglers Shark Skin line? i have been reading about it and am heading back home to the states before a stint in the sandbox. i hear it has a distinct sound when shooting it, and that it floats higher. i would ove to hear some input. i see the stuff is about 100 bucks a spool. any thoughts? thanks!
[signature]
I had a chance to cast a rod loaded with SA Sharkskin today and wasn't too impressed, The line itself feels bumpy and looks and feels cool bit for 100 bucks ... [Tongue] I dont know if it floats higher I was castinging on grass so maybe it does float higher but for the money Id save 50 bucks and get a Cortland or Rio line.
[signature]
It definitely floats higher. And WILL add distance to your cast. That is the line they used on the SHOOT OUT and these guys and gals were adding 10 to 20' more this year and that was with the TFO rod.
The down side to the line is the noise it makes, which my Ridgeline makes noise also, it is in the design.
BUT, people (specially the saltwater crowd) are complaining that it is chewing up their fingers. Well, if it does this to your fingers, what is it doing to the guides/wraps/finish on your rod.
Generally, People are loving the way it cast and load, but the down sides are a BIG FACTOR! A lot of money spent on this project, we will have to wait to see the outcome.
But all lines will be going up in price as they have already started. Petroleum Product![b]
[signature]