Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carter Lake Report
[font "Calibri"]We fished Carter Lake for around 7 hours. We used rapalas, blue foxes, spoons, live minnows, and worms. We ended up catching 4 rainbow trout throughout the day. We caught 2 of the rainbows on the rapala and the other 2 on the blue fox. We caught the 4 fish while trolling 4 poles. We had 2 of the poles on the downriggers down about 12 ft and the other 2 poles we just let out about 75 yards of line and put them in the rod holders. Throughout the day we saw around 7 or 8 boats that came onto the lake. There was a lot of small logs in the water so when going fast on a boat be careful. [/font]
[signature]
Had some buddies fish Carter with the same results. A few trout trolling. I fished Horsetooth around the same time you did. Water temps 40-44 a little breezy but fishable. I was on the water by 7:30 and two smallies around 1/2 pound by 7:50 then nothing the rest of the day.I used a 1/16 oz white curlytail tipped w/ crawler. (Thats my fave this time of year) I trolled while i ate lunch but nothin. Im hopin to go this weeked somewhere close to Longmont. I might try Carter. There are big eyes in there.
[signature]
Thanks fellas. I need to go find me some eyes.
[signature]