Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
horseshoe
i have no clue. i can tell ya the water is cold and the wind blows damn hard. i made a cast off one of the points along the dam towards the main body of water and the wind made such a large gust it blew my spinner on shore over my left shoulder. im not kidding one bit, that must have been a gust close to 70mph. lots of bank tanglers, dident stop and ask if anyone caught anything. i see last week some guy caught a 6 and a half pound small mouth off the dam with a panther martin. he let it go, theres a picture up at the visitors center. im thinking tomorrow about hitting eleven mile canyon again, or maybe the roaring fork, well see.
[signature]
A true Angler would have made a cast towards the middle of the lake (Horseshoe), let the wind take it over your left shoulder to the "Lower Lake" (cant remember the name), hook a 48" Tiger Muskie, reeled it in dragging it through the bushes back up the dam to where you are at. Can you imagine driving and seeing a Tiger Muskie crossing the street?[laugh]
TS
[signature]
[quote kochanut]... i see last week some guy caught a 6 and a half pound small mouth off the dam with a panther martin. he let it go, theres a picture up at the visitors center. ....[/quote]

That would have been a new state record! I know there are some true hawg smallies in there!
[signature]
There are large smallies in that lake. I got one that probably 23" and my guess 6.5 to 7lbs out of there a few years back fishing for Tigers in April. Did'nt know it was state record potential not being from CO and let her go Sad Checked the record when I got bakc home and kicked myself. lol. I would have turned her in had I know. But they are in there. If you think I am lying I will post the pic Tongue
[signature]
That's a big fish, Nate! I remember when you posted about that a couple years back. Thanks for the picture.
[signature]