Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FISHING 101 - Reminder
[cool][#0000ff]I have had several offers of assistance to help with the program Wednesday evening...but so far only a couple of folks have committed to showing up for some guidance and instruction.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Anybody else planning to join us that has not responded on the sticky thread at the top of the page?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Me
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You may need additional tutoring. I will see if I can get one of the kids from the DWR program to help you along.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Probably too advanced for me. Perhaps you can find one of the kids who signed up and only made it to the first one or two classes. If my experience with the program is any indication you shouldn't have any trouble finding a kid that meets that criteria.
[signature]
Addicted lurker, timid poster. Hey, I'd love to come learn from the masters (just started fishing last year), but I don't think I can justify it to the mrs. this week. I hope you guys have another get together this summer on a night I can make it. I could really use some technique tips from the pros. [Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Let us know where you live and what you would like to learn. We have individual members all the time that we try to meet and help if there is a problem with getting to meetings.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The idea is to help those who want and need help...not to force people to attend meetings. Far too many meetings in Utah anyway. And, there should never be a hardship in terms of time or gas money.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We will be setting up small sessions both north and south of Salt Lake so if we know there are a few folks in an area we can try to work with that.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I live in Provo and I could probably make many meetings, but this week I have a little too much school work (BYU student), in addition to a planned trip to Scofield Thursday morning (hence not being able to justify another fishing trip to the mrs.). Gas isn't a constraint, just time with the fam. I'll keep an eye out for outings in Utah County. If you ever wanted a tag-along, I'd be honored given how blown away I am by your seemingly endless knowledge about all things angling. [Wink] On a better week, I'd make the meeting at Willow. Just wanted you to know there's interest.
[signature]
I would love to come up, but Wednesday night is Orem's Youth Fishing Class for which I am an instructor (along with a couple of others here on the board). Hopefully I can make it to the next one.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If you guys can find a few folks down there who would like this kind of thing, and can find one of the community ponds to meet at, we can do some on Thursday nights.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I will let some of the dad's of the kids know--I know there is some interest.
[signature]