Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spinney Report
Went out on Sunday and seemed like everyone else had the same idea. The crowd was pretty big, but the wind never really kicked up until about 2pm. Early morning was good with alot of nice bows and browns coming off of maribou jigs and casting x-raps. I don't troll much at all but all people I saw trolling didn't have much luck. Late morning to early afternoon slowed a little bit with only a couple more bows and a handful of some hammerhead pike. It was hard competing with the midge hatch in full swing, I haven't seen that many bugs on the water in about 6-7 years but oh well it was still fun.
[signature]
Sounds like a great trip. Sounds even better not having wind. If you you don't mind me asking. What color jigs worked the best for you up there and did you fish in the colored water in the clear water closer to the dam. Did you fix your fishfinder.
[signature]
Sorry about the delayed response Blue just been in Montana and finally had some time to get on my computer. My finder is still broken and I usually try and stay away from the dirty water and we use black and olive green maribou jigs, usually in 18-25' of water just jigging right off the bottom.When the water warms up we'll chase pike up by the inlet.Hope it helps
[signature]
You need to get out there during the chrominid hatch! If you open your mouth when walking from the lots to the beach, you'll probably eat a few. And when walking through the grass to the beach where they're the thickest, it sounds like a gang, 100 strong, of riding mowers is surrounding you. Crazy. But great time for fly fishing out there.
[signature]