Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bassin_Blitz I'm going to eat em all!
[sly][sly][sly][sly] Went to Mantua 6/2/08. Great day for fishun, ok day for catchun. Caught 9 + 1 dumb blue with the largest at about 15. Mostly calm with a little wind in the pm. No. I didn't keep my limit including the big guy to eat - Bassin. I was thinking about it though just to come back at ya. [Smile] Quit after about 8 hrs. ar 4 PM. Fished the N.E. bay and E. point. They seemed to be scattered, shallow and deep. Used my standard reaper from my tube. Kept enough for my 1 meal all under 12, ok Bassin? [Wink] The Sparkinator had a ball as usual.
Leaky and the Sparkinator
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Leaky, you gotta post a pic with the fish on a plate...like you did one time before. That really makes the bassaholics howl.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here's another one to set them off. Fried bass. Yum.[/#0000ff]
[inline "FRIED BASS.jpg"]
[signature]
Well said, I'll see what I can do. [Smile]
[signature]
Wow. What's with all the "I eat bass and I'm not afraid to show it"? I suppose I can call myself a 'bass fisherman' but I have no problem hearing about the bass being kept (well, most of them anyway, hard to see a 5+lber in the frying pan [frown]). The only difference is that it's posted on a forum for everyone to see. For all these bass fisherman who think it's wrong to keep bass you're only hearing from a select few on BFT who post it, they're are alot more people out there keeping bass every fishing trip. As long as they have a license and they are following the rules it is their right to keep what they want...am I wrong? How come I never see anybody sticking up for catfish? [:p]
[signature]
Hey, hey, hey I love channels. [img]../../../images/gforum/laugh.gif[/img] I love channels!! I just need to get out to UT L and catch a few. Priorities is the problem. I actualy like em every much as much as LM's. I'll stick up for em!!!!! [Smile]
[signature]
ohhhhh noooo you went there. Nothing wrong with us bassaholics, we just appreciate a chance for us and others to catch them again...... Eat the little one's and leave the bigger ones alone for all of us to catch them again......
[signature]
I now have a visual[sly] Replaceing the front pedestal seat with a m-60!!! Can you say drive by straffing lol!!

Ill leave the sparkinator out of it after all hes just a dog. He didnt choose you you chose him, cant hold it against him[:p]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]All in fun, folks. Those of us who do not devote our whole lives to the single-minded pursuit of basskind sometimes like to poke a little fun. It does get tiresome having the bassers climb our frame whenever there is the slightest intimation that one of us caught...and kept...a fish from their exclusive domain.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Just so's ya know, Leaky loves and respects bass as much or more than anybody who has taken out a third mortgage on the house and hocked the wife and kids to be able to keep a bassboat. And, he probably catches as many or more than guys with a lot more expensive fishing platform. But, he carefully relaases most of them. He is not a fish killer, but he does enjoy a meal of them once in a while...and that is his right.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Myself. I enjoy catching...and eating...bass too. But most of the bass I catch are accidental catches...caught while fishing for species I prefer/ And, I release just about all the bass I catch.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I used to belong to bass clubs and fish competitively. I quit when I could no longer tolerate the rabid mentality of most of the other club members, and when fishing became work instead of fun.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]This is a multi-species, all-tackle forum. There is room for everybody. And, everybody has a right to post their reports or to congratulate or complain. As long as the comments are kept friendly and do not turn into personal attacks, there is no harm in a little jab or two once in awhile.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I think we have established a consensus agreement on this board that keeping an occasional bass will not result in a trip to HELL. But, we also mostly agree that if someone wants to keep a few bass that it should be the smaller fish and to leave the bigger ones to keep reproducing...and to provide a few more bouts with other bassers. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I also think we can agree that the major problem with the harvest of bass...of ALL sizes...is not with the average member on BFT Utah. There are individuals and groups of anglers who fish for "subsistence"...strictly for the food value of whatever species they can catch. They either eat the fish themselves or (illegally) sell it to make money. They care not for the regulations or ethics of what they are doing.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Unfortunately, being able to correct those problems is not the responsibility of those who fish legally and strictly for sport. But, we can report violators when we see them...as many of us do. Every little bit helps.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nuff said? May the bass be with you.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Good one, love it. Need to warn ya though, Sparky can get pretty protective!!! He turned a charging bull moose away from us while fishun in the Web at 9 mos of age. [shocked] Would you believe, it's a true story. It was posted about 4 yrs ago, records don't go back that far now. TD can verify though.[Smile]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sorry I do not have ready access to the post or the pics, but I can verify the incident. The Sparkster saved the day.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Rumor has it that you would not have gotten in trouble if you had not been trying to snip off some moose mane for fly tying. You can buy that stuff, ya know, without having to molest a living moose.[/#0000ff]
[signature]