Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boulder Mountain
Hey guys - I am really just exploring Utah's vast fly-fishing opportunities and would like to go on a trip to fish some of the Boulder Mountain Streams and Lakes. I would probably take about 3 days to fish and camp this area. I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight about areas I might try, flies that would be most universally effective, and what times seem to be best during the next few summer months. I am looking to target big brook trout as well as cutthroats. Any counsel would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
[signature]
Only fished the Boulders one time and the fishing was very poor. But saying that, just the experience of being in one of the most incredible places on earth, I'd go back in a heart beat!

The Blind Lake area is where we went, and I'd have to go back and look at my records to tell you exactly where we fished. I've been told right after ice off and right before ice on is the best time to try for big brookies, as in the summer they go deep. Look for cruising cutts along the shore lines and every once in a while you might get a decent splake coming up and hitting flies. All info I received, not experienced.

The fishing (or lack thereof) was secondary for me. That place is truly beautiful and amazing. Even if you told me the fishing would suck again, I'd go back.
[signature]