Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell for a Tournament??
Well we got to Powell about 1:30 and was on the water as soon as we could water was nice and air was warm...(Spring at last)
The lake is up about 30' to 40' from when I was there before, we fished what looked like it should hold fish (bass) all we could find was one 1 1/2 lb green fish that Wade caught and a few smaller bass here and there...

We did find catfish and walleyes all over the lake...
Friday we ran all the way to the San Juan to see if it was any better at that part of the lake, it was for stripers and more walleye and catfish and lots an lots of small bass...
When we got back to Bullfrog we found that we had to head home Wade had some trouble at home so we didn't get a chance to fish the Tournament, but it could have been good we didn't cause we were not on any good bass, only Stripers and catfish and lots of walleye....
But it was a good trip...
The only pictures I got was of the lake...
[signature]
That sounds great anyway. I guess Wayne Gustavson's predictions are true. It is hard to find the bass with all the new water and environment.

How is the water down there, muddy from the runnoff and whatnot? What wate temp did you record? I sure hope I can get a chance to fish Powell before the real 100 degree weather arrives.
[signature]
The water in the main lake was stained just past Halls and Bullfrog, the temps (water) was in the low 60's main lake..

The air temps was in the high 80's and low 90's and getting hotter each day...
[signature]
Were the s & l mouth bass that you did find very active and hitting hard, and also for the stripers, did they appear very agressive or "not in the mood?"
[signature]
No they didn't seem to be active and most were deeper then normal...
[signature]