Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunnyside Info
Hey guys. I am planning my first trip up to the Kirch Wildlife Management Area, Sunnyside, going to fish and camp out for a night. Having never been there and knowing the info that NDOW provides is general at best I was wondering if anyone wanted to share any tips on the area. I have a small Jon boat that I will be using. Which lake is the best for numbers of bass/bluegill? Lure suggestions? And where exactly is this David Deacon campground? I have a few crawdad traps, are they worth bringing? I was planning on going midweek sometime the week of the 18th. So far looks like I am flying solo so if anyone is going to be the area let me know, I have room for two in my boat. Any info at all would be helpful... Even a good old, "one time up at sunnyside" story would be cool..... Thanks
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][/font]
[signature]
The Ely area is my old stompin' ground. Fact, my brother still lives there & from what I've heard, Adams Mcgill is probably the place for bass.
[signature]
Yup, Adams -McGill or Dacey will be your best bet for largemouth. Trouts not too bad on haymeadow and cold springs. Good luck up there- Make sure to check for new closures before you go. Lets see a report when you get back!

"Fishing at KWMA
Fishing continues to be the most popular recreational
activity on the area. Significant use by trout anglers occurs from March through August, peaking in May. Bass fishing becomes popular in late May and continues into September, peaking in July and August. The fishing season on KWMA is open year round, any hour of the day or night, except for Dacey and Tule reservoirs and the upper portion of Adams-McGill, Cold Springs, and
Haymeadow reservoirs as posted, which are open to
fishing August 16 through February 14. Hot Creek to
its confluence with Adams-McGill reservoir
is closed year round to fishing. A 100-yard radius
around the inflow from Hot Creek to Dacey and Adams-McGill reservoir is closed to fishing January 1 through April 1. Anglers are encouraged to review current fishing regulations prior to fishing at KWMA. "
[signature]
I have not fished the area in the summer. I usually go there early in the year and mainly fish for trout on Haymeadow. There are bass in there and may be getting bigger then the last time i fished it.

The campground is not much and not alot of shade if any so it may get hot. You cross the dike at Adams and keep following the road to the campground will be on your right. Good luck and have fun.
[signature]
Cant report on Dacy as it does not open until August 16th as well as all the upper ends of the reservoir's. We spent July 19th and 20th with the kids who participated in the Nevada Junior Bassmaster's.

Adams Mcgill is loaded with 10-13" fish although a few 2-3 lb fish were caught but we fished this sparringly and just for fun. Senko, Tube, Frog's and any creature bait fliped to the tules. You have to follow the channels.

Coldsprings has the best fishing. You will catch more 1lb fish than you can count. My son threw a buzzbait for 6 hours and caught fish all day.

Haymeadow is tough but i saw a 5-7lb cruising and some others found an 8lbr dead.

There are a gazillion blue dragon flies so throw blue senkos or blue fleck worms as well. Lots of grass on all three so drop in the dark holes out in the middles. All ponds are 4-8' deep, find the deeper water.

About 100 feet outside the tullies of coldsprings launchramp is a deeper pocket that runs east. Look for the big girl there.

good luck and pictures of the kids at [url "http://www.nevadabassfederation.com"]www.nevadabassfederation.com[/url] under photos
[signature]
Thanks for the great info guys. I am really looking forward to this. Got a buddy to tag along who, despite trying, has never caught a LMB (lake mead is hard on rookies) so this should be fun. Looks like i am heading up on the 14th and staying the night. I will have a report with some pics with any luck. Thanks again
[signature]