Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River Fishing
Went to the Weber today and caught some dandies. We actually ran out of memory on the phone, so these were all I could get. Fishing was good on the top and the bottom. We actually caught almost all browns and some cookie cutter whitefish that were about 16".[Smile]
[signature]
VERY NICE! Wanna pm me where?[Wink]
[signature]
Awesome! Wanna PM me too where you were fishin?
Nice Fish!
I don't really care where...I care more on "what".
What flies/colors were you using? I hit the Web a few times and just couldn't figure out the right combo.

Thanks!
rg
[signature]
I was up there today hit the water at 7:00 am tons of Caddis flies everywere I suggest tan, light brown or yellow deer\elk hair or X-caddis gonna try to tie some tonight [Image: confused.gif] All have to post a pic and let you guys critic it (need to know if its fish worth[Image: happy.gif])

On the regular Ive had success using a BH Prince Nymph & BH Hares Ear #14 to 18 fish them deep bouncing them off the bottom either provo or tantum rig. I like the provo since I dont loose both flies if it get snagged on the bottom

Also try a rob roy I know in the colder months they did well
[signature]
Those are some nice healthy fish. Congratulations on a nice trip. Same as rgreenland above, not where but how did you catch them? Maybe where too!
[signature]
The fish were really biting the BH copper john (regular copper size 12-16). I wasn't using any weight in the fast or slow water. BH Pheasant Tail or Lightning bug up top and 18" then the BH copper john. Dries they were hitting stimulators (yellow or green) which will represent a caddis or a hopper. Deeper holes I would try a hopper dropper with a red or sherry colored san juan below. Good luck.
[signature]