Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
banjo minnow?????
i just recently viewed the banjo minnow infomercial and as any angler i am looking for the best and easiest ways to catch the big ones. has anyone bought this product and if so what success have u had with it? i may buy it but i want to hear some feedback on the product so i dont waste money as i am a budget angler. any reviews on this product?
[signature]
Don't wast your money on them.

For the same amount of money, you can get yourself a whole lotta other good stuff.

Go to Walmart and hit the fishing section. Get some Kinamis in different colors and some weights.

I like the Banjo Minnows in Saltwater. They do good for many of the chasing species.

They just are not all they are cracked up to be in freshwater.[cool]
[signature]
so they work well but not in a freshwater lake?
[signature]
That is basically what it boils down to.

I used them in several different bodies of water while using several different methods. They are made to catch Anglers not fish.[crazy]
[signature]
well the action is great but i have yet to catch any on it but as tuben2 said walmart but i would recomend some culprit ribbon tail worms or berkley. but if you want to try it go to [url "http://www.banjominnowstore.com/store/category/63"]http://www.banjominnowstore.com/store/category/63[/url] and type in 006clubmem this way you can buy it cheaper so you dont have to buy a 20 pack
[signature]
Or you can spend about 4 bucks and get some nice Strike King stretchy plastics that last a long time and keep going bite after bite.[cool]
[signature]
well the strike kings are good but as i said before culprits a re cheaper and pretty effective
[signature]
Culprits are good baits too. I won't argue there.[cool]
[signature]
amen
[signature]
[fishin]
Hey, tubeN2!
I am a Lifetime member of North American Fisherman and they have a field product testing section. I received in the mail yesterday a package of banjo minnows with the removable eyes and with hooks, and dvd. the hook attaches to a section of the eye piece that comes out of the nose of the minnow. I am going to try them and turn in a review of the minnow. this ought to be interesting .
i will let you know how they work. Hopefully, I can go fishing this weekend.
[signature]
I saw that feature with the hook through the eye. I though it was neat.

I tested that revision of the Banjo Minnow last year. I couldn't get any response from the Bass in my area but I was able to pick up some good saltwater species with it.

Good luck with it and give us a pic of whatever you catch.

Remember: If you have trouble posting the picture, feel free to email it to me and I'll put it in your post for you.

I'm sure you still have my email address or you can get it again from my profile.[cool]
[signature]
Lead heads or hot-n-tots with curly tail soft plastics will do every thing a banjo minnow will do only cheeper, and they work well in fresh water...

I cant say as to my knowing any one who has had any fresh water luck with banjo minnows out side of a fish tank at a fish show.... Mind you, I am not saying they dont work...
[signature]
well i have already left my opinion this post before but recently i have been catchig some bass on it but its not a miracle worker just another lure
[signature]
I placed second as a non-boater in a bass tourny against boaters as well.. With none other than a banjo minnow rig. I wasn't using a banjo minnow but a rig sold with the kit.

The same rig is also a favorite of mine at many reservoirs around Utah and else where.
So to say don't waste your money would be wrong, only because your not just buying the bait but possibly a new style or daily pattern to fish with.
I say if it seems like a system that would fit in your style of fishing then by all means spend the money (which as I recall is really all that much... Is it?).
Just my opinion from experience. [Wink]
[signature]
I've used it a few times, but it only seems to take small bass. It is relatively light so really long casts are hard. After a few fish you can start to see the damage from fish. I have heard that if you are fishing somewhere with any kind of toothy fish, bring a few. They will tear it to shreds.
[signature]
[fishin] Hey tubeN2,
I haven't been able to test the 006 banjo minnow yet. With all the high winds and torrential rains from the Hurricane (Gustav) things have been a little hectic. Here in NE Louisiana we have flooding everywhere. The Ouachita River is really high and the current is really bad.
Looks like Ike might send some more rain our way. It has rained some every day. Temps been nice high 80's compared to the usual high 90's and 100's.
[signature]