Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where'd the Bass Go?
Earlier this summer my girlfriend and I were having some success bass fishing with berkely power worms in colors like blue fleck, tequila sunrise, and pumpinseed. Now the bass don't hit anything. We only caught 5 this summer between the 2 of us at her pond. I want to fish for bass, but if I stand there for 2 hours and don't get a single hit on the line, there's no motivation...

any ideas?
[signature]
The time of day can have a lot to do with it as well as presentation.

You need to change colors of your worms and change the way that you are presenting them.

Early morning and late afternoon are best from the bank. When it warms up, the fish will usually go deeper or even hide under or around structure.[cool]
[signature]
whats the water color
[signature]
This is my fishing naivete showing through, so please forgive me...but how would I change the way I present the worm? water is kind of murky, and we've tried it later on right after the sun set when it's cooler...
[signature]
Try a carolina rig and just slowly drag it along the bottom in the deeper areas of the pond. Or if there is some structure (undercut bank, fallen tree, overhanging trees, etc.) near the shoreline pitch a weightless senko into the shadows and let it free fall.
[signature]
Don't get too discouraged. We'er comeing out of the dog days. Hopefully in a few weeks the weather will cool and they put the feed bag back on. [Smile] I'm throwing it all and only getting a few a day at best. The advice is correct. Throw them something they haven't seen yet. Crankbait?
[signature]
Here are some of the basic presentations with a total of 6 combinations just for the plastic worm.

Carolina Rig W/wo weight

Texas Rig W/wo weight

Whacky Rig w/wo weight

Retrieval can vary from ripping the worm all the way to a slow crawl. Also try any speed inbetween.

When you are using bullet weights, try using a smaller size in a lake and get a color that is closest to that of the worm.

The Scent Vent brass bullets are good too. You can inject them with Pro Cure scents. Crawfish, Shad, Garlic or whatever variety of scent you have in your area.[cool]
[signature]