Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 9-16

fished Yuba with a friend from work. launched at painted rocks at 6:30am. the boat ramp is pretty short, there is a sign at the end of the ramp and there's about a 4in. drop off. the lake is real low and lots of shallow areas. fishing was pretty slow but we caught what we came for, walleye, pike and perch. we fished pretty much the west side and the narrows and main lake points. most of our bites were on the points in 15 to 20 feet. we trolled, we casted and we jigged. I had one hit casting a rapala missed. had a bunch of bites trolling a bottom bouncer missed all of them. little perch,, the fish we caught came off a jig and a nightcrawler. I caught one walleye 18in. nice and fat.
Alan caught his first Pike 27in. about 5lb. the perch were small 8in. and 4in. we also caught about 8 carp.
later chuck
[signature]
Thanks for the report Chuck, there haven't been many from Yuba lately. Good to hear you guys caught a few, do you think the catching will improve as the water temps cool?
[signature]
I'm delighted to hear of your success. Yuba is a great puzzle for me. I'll go 3 trips with no bites then on the next, a big pike.

I keep thinking I'll figure it out, but in reality, I probably won't.

It appears that my only option is to add up the hours and hope for the best.

I'm planning on going tomorrow and I will try bottom bouncers. Thanks for the post. It gives me inspirition once again. Tight lines
[signature]
Good job Chuck, at least you had a decent day on the water.
[signature]
i didnt know you were going. lol. talk 2 ya later.
[signature]
Sounds like you had fun. I was surprised to hear Painted rocks ramp is still open. Tanner has a relative that is the camp host, when we talked to him a week or so ago, he said they were going to close that ramp and we should go the West ramp;. We wanted to go down next Sat., but weather and other commitments may keep us home. Glad you hadd some luck.

Ted & Tanner
[signature]