Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tired of Floppy Pocket Syndrome?
So I had a pontoon with these really nice, large pockets, but they were not reinforced or rigid so when they weren't fully chock full 'o stuff, they collapsed and things could fall out or be hard to find:

[Image: DSCF9155.jpg]

So I had to do something... Using my favorite corrugated plastic, I made these:

[Image: DSCF9156.jpg]

Basically the size of three sides of the pocket. Fold the ends and it will press outwards inside the pocket, supporting the volume nicely.

Installed:

[Image: DSCF9157.jpg]

Finished product:

[Image: DSCF9158.jpg]

Cheers!

_SHig
[signature]
That is a very good idea. I have used something similar. I also purchase some of the cheapo Tupperware type of boxes from Wally's World. They are in different sizes and can be fit to just about any tube or toon pocket style.[cool]
[signature]
The boxes would definitely work. The main advantage to these is they do the job okay, but will fold flat for minimized stowed volume.

_SHig
[signature]
That is true. You can be more compact for travel that way.

I found an advantage to my boxes though. Since I fish more in the big Salty pond on the Pacific Coast, I carry a few heavy jigs and casting irons with me. The bottom of the box tends to help from having hooks go through and air chamber.

Now if I could just get the Sharks to learn where to bite then I could solve all the saltwater issues.[crazy]

You idea would be good if you are storing some of the smaller Plano boxes or other non sharp instruments.[cool]
[signature]
On one of my tubes, it did have the soft sided bags. I never thought much about it, but it bugged the old man so, he bought a small CD holder box and put it in the bag. Actually worked out quite well, cause if we left our tubes/toon sitting on the shore, we could take our expensive gear out and with us.
[signature]