Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North end Jordanelle Please help
I have the Email address for any of you who would like to try and get more wakeless water at Jordanelle...

In the summer the parks people went under cover to see what us fisherman go through from water skiers, now they need our help to get funding to make more wakeless area up there...

What needs to happen is the more Emails they get on this the sooner it can happen, the north end both west and east sides and north end; to put wakeless buoys a cross all fingers and coves so the people on tubes and small boats can go and use these, like up the Rock Cliff arm has...Tell them some thing like how the skiers try to run over us and don't stay 150 feet away and so on, the more that send in to them the better it can get for us all....

They need your Emails so they can get it in the budget...Tell anyone you know to send in...

Park Marager Michael Johnson

Jordanelle park Of. 435-649-9540

[url "mailto:parkcomment@utah.gov"]parkcomment@utah.gov[/url]

Sorry I forgot....[:p][:p][crazy][:/][unimpressed][pirate]
[signature]
Clifford,

Please post the email address and I'm sure many of us would be more than willing to send them an email.
[signature]
I forgot dumb me[:p][frown][:/][pirate][shocked] but its up now sorry....
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Will do! [Smile] I'll e-mail a piece of mind about the water skiers/boarders whatever they are called I tell you what. [fishin][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
even though i get to fish the nell only one or two days a year when i visit TS, i think its a pretty lake. the reasson he does not go up there during the summer is cause of the lake traffic. any how email sent by me!
[signature]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understood the origional plan at Jordenelle was to have the whole northern section "Wake Free" .

I seem to remember it running from Crandel point straight across to the East.
[signature]
About the north end being wakeless I'm not sure about all of it to be that way, but we have a chance to get more area now if they get lots of emails about it now...
[signature]
I just sent my email. Thanks for the heads up.
[signature]
The text of the email that I just sent:

"It has been brought to my attention that consideration is being given to adding additional wakeless zones on Jordanelle Reservoir. I request that you give this serious consideration. I recall one trip to Jordanelle where I was trolling Rapalas and I had four of them cut off by four different boats speeding past me (realize that these boats would have been at the most 75 feet away from my boat) while I was trolling. With these lures costing about $8.00 each that was extremely frustrating. I also like to occasionally take my family to Jordanelle for a fun day playing on the water with skis, tubes and wave runners (we did that twice this year) and I feel even with the wakeless areas expanded there would still be plenty of room for the boats who want to go faster."
[signature]
I just sent my email, it would be great to see this expand to some of the smaller reservoirs, like Newton and Mantua.[Wink]
[signature]
While loking for the origional master plan I came accross this, Scroll down to the map. I think this is the area that is being discussed.

[url "http://www.rockymountainanglers.com/images/Studies%20Reports%20PDFs/RossCreekFinalPlanJordanelle.pdf"]http://www.rockymountainanglers.com/...alPlanJordanelle.pdf[/url]

I think it would be super if the area from Crandall point over to the east side were wakeless.
[signature]
My Letter,

Dear Michael Johnson,

It has been brought to my attention that consideration is being given to adding additional wakeless zones on Jordanelle Reservoir. I request that you give this serious consideration. I recall one trip to Jordanelle where My wife an I where out in our 12 foot raft and was just about knocked out of it because of the speed some of these boats are traveling close too or around prime fishing areas. Please help us in getting these in place. I do recreational activities also: IE Ski and Tube off of a boat and I feel there is plenty of space in Jordanelle lake area for both wakeless and other recreation.

Thank You very much,

Kent O. Barnes[/url]
ATMS Coordinator
Salt Lake County Public Works, Ops
7125 South 600 West
Midvale, UT 84047
[signature]
Perhaps I'm in the minority here, but wouldnt it make more sense to close the river arm further to the west rather than the north end?

If you close the north end all this will do is concentrate more boats in the river arm. Running on pad in the river arm during the summer is like playing hopsctoch on the freeway.

I'm always amazed at how people put their children at risk in these high traffic areas. But, I'm all for more wakeless areas on Lake X.
[signature]
The arm is not up on the table at this time but the north end is...
Lets get what we can for now and work on the other after..
[signature]