Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry cold morning..
It was a cold morning at the Berry 18* at 7:15 water 48.3*...

It took us about 15 minutes to get our first fish Blake got the first one 20.1/4" and on a LC pointer...

We moved around a lot on the Berry side for most of the morning then headed for the Soldier creek side...

By now the wind was just starting up we worked through some cuts and points and got one fish here and there not real fast catching...

By 2:00 the wind was getting the best of us so we headed back to the berry side we boated 22 fish with the biggest at 23 1/2" the cold and wind made it seem slow but it was fun...
[signature]
ur bass catching days are numbered Cliff.[shocked]
[signature]
Thanks for being and trooper and going up there to get those pictures, so we can enjoy them in the comfort of our homes. Glad to see you're still getting on them. It does look cold!
[signature]
Oh no, I'm heading up to Jordanelle tomorrow...

I want to catch a fish that has some fight...
[signature]
If you got out of the wind you would think about taking off your coat...But just for a minute...
[signature]
The fam and I were up there too over by Indian Creek, froze our butts off which didn't encourage the girls much. We did okay in the narrows friday night and kinda slept in saturday morning but got out and caught a few more.
Lots more little bows than I ever catch over in strawberry bay and it was definitely slower, possibly because we were! Lucky lures seemed to be a gold Jakes and a white curly tail grub. Caught a decent amount of fish but no keepers.
[signature]
The DWR put a lot of the bows in the bay and the cuts are after them all over the bay...I call it cut candy..
[signature]
Maybe next time I hook one of them bitty bows I'll just leave it on, see if I can get a real predator to take a bite [Smile]
[signature]
[fishin]Bassrods, I've been tracking your success with the lc pointer. Bought one, (ouch) now I need to know how to fish it. Used it at the Berry wed, got one fish but had a grendel follow it in and we would get them with jigs. I c/r 42 none over the slot. SoooooI need to know how to fish it this tue. Any advice from anyone will be appreciated.new to the forum but read it all the time..cdbrc
[signature]
When you are getting them to follow chang your retrieve, most of the time you are working it to fast...

I founded that when I get them to follow I chang to a retrieve like (a small jerk jerk then a pause for a count of 5 then two more slow jerks) till you get it back to you...

If you watch your lure coming in and see one following make your lure make lots of small but quick little jerks, and try to make a figure eight if the follower is still after it...

Or keep trying or changing retrieves till you catch one then do the same thing again...

When I use the tube I get cuts from 15" to 20" average and when I use a lucky craft I get cuts from 19" to 24" average and when I use a swim bait I get cuts from 23" to my biggest at 30 1/4", I like to catch bigger fish but lots of them so I use LC and swim baits....
[signature]
If you are fishing from shore or from a tube get a jerk bait that only goes about a foot or two deep and work the shore line and points...

Some good colors are white and jerk baits with white belles and gray or lighter color backs work the best for me...
[signature]
Thanks BR...I'll give it a go.
[signature]