Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great morning to fish the Nell
I got to the Nell at 0-dark 30 and the water looked great, I got my boat in as fast as I could...(maybe too fast see picture)

I made my first cast on the boat ramp to get a twist out of my reel and got my first bass, then I hooked my boat and pulled it back...

Fished a couple of points and coves and picked up three bass and one trout...Then when I got to the next stop I found a school and boated 12 from that stop...

Worked one other cove in the west corner of the wakeless water on the PWC side and picked up three more, I fished up the rock cliff arm but didn't boat any more fish...

The water was 42* when I got there and 45* when I left at 1:30...
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]How do you fish for the bass when the water temp. is like this? Looks like you are gonna be catching them until ice, and maybe throught the ice. Have you ever done it at the Nelle?[/#000000][/font]
[signature]
If you look back over the last 3 years I have posted on here and freeformfishing on my trips to the nell some winters the Nell does not freeze and I fished them all winter...

The coldest day was -8* for air temp and water was 36*, and I was seen on the camera up there wile I was catching them...I got over 40 bass by 12:00...

People say you can't catch them in winter, all I can say is they don't fish for them or they would...
[signature]
The new in fisherman mag had an article on ice fishing bass.
[signature]
People here have been ice fishing Pelican for bass and gills for years... What makes fishing for SM bass harder in the winter is this...

In summer you can move along and make many casts at Jordanelle and get one here and one there but in winter ice fishing you are fishing out of a hole then drill another + the lake is bigger and deeper then Pelican but if you find three or four spots right before the ice comes you can catch the SM bass ice fishing as well...
[signature]