Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Magic / the Antelope deer
This buck was taken on the Pauns earlier this year in the archery season. He was one of those bucks that everybody knew about, and he was nicknamed "Black Magic".
BearClaw inquired about this buck so I thought I would post pictures.

My question to all of you is, would you use your 10+ points on the Pauns for this buck?
[inline "Nasty 1.JPG"]
[inline "Nasty 2.JPG"]
[signature]
Please tell me that is a decoy in the second picture behind the trailor!!! HAHAHA
TS
[signature]
Funky lookin rack man! The few times I've seen antler growth like that there was also something different about the deers "manhood". Wonder if that's the case here. Although it's definitely a unique looking buck I'd probably pass on him unless of course it was the last day.
[signature]
i agree. funky. look at the guys face in the pic,s. to me it looks like he is having second thoughts. that stagg buck is not so neet. hookjaw, no i would not burn 10 on that.
[signature]
That sure is one messed up deer. I doubt I'd burn a sweet tag like that on him, but if the hunt was winding down, and I hadn't closed the deal yet, he'd be a nice on to stick.
[signature]
Sorry but I would have to pass on him too on a hunt like that. Open general area no points maybe. That said it is kind of neat looking if you kept the velvet on.
[signature]
I think it's a 3D target to practice on at camp. Decoys actually work pretty good too if you use them in the right conditions and circumstances.

Personally, if I saw that buck I would probably barf and be sick the rest of the hunt. I don't like dike bucks.[cool]

I wonder if that buck was out in the Desert with a herd of Antleope and a guy shot it, if he would get in trouble? From 300 yards away i bet that thing would look like a funky record antelope.
[signature]
Thats not Black Magic alot of people have mistaken that buck for BM but it is not last i heard BM is still alive the buck in the picture was shot by Jeff Lane a member of another forum i would post a link but it would just get removed [cool]
[signature]
I'm pretty sure that isn't "Black magic"
http://www.muleymadness.com/forum/downlo...&mode=view
Weird buck nonetheless.
[signature]
Jeff that is the real Black Magic thanks for posting
[signature]
For me, Joe Shmoe hunter, I'd stick it if I knew the background. A mount that has a story with it goes for generations.
[signature]
I hate that "buck". I'd honestly probably pass him up on a general hunt. [unimpressed]
[signature]