Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
disaster at mead today (Fri 12-12)
Well, I took my daughter out today to fish the harbor cove, now that I know its safe!

[inline "fishing dec 12 08 001.jpg"]

Got the royal SKUNK! I don't feel so bad though, everybody was getting skunked, even the guides I talked to. Saw a few people pulling on some trout right after the stock truck dumped, but it didn't seem like too much action there either. Very nice day out there....

[inline "fishing dec 12 08 002.jpg"]

The kid didn't last too long... Lazy kids...[Wink]

[inline "fishing dec 12 08 003.jpg"]
Everything was good.....

UNTIL THE DISASTER.
I was leaving the lake, and I hit the dip coming out of boulder harbor.
The kayak went up.... What goes up must come down.... and.....................................................................................................................

[inline "fishing dec 12 08 006.jpg"]

[inline "fishing dec 12 08 005.jpg"]

SON OF A BITCH
!

So that's how my day ended. Any of you catch any fish?
[signature]
Man when i saw the title of your post, and then the picture of that adorable little kid, I thought for sure the kid ended up in the drink....my first thought was, how did he save the camera? Glad it was not that, sorry about the truck bro. I once had to smash out my own window when I locked the keys in, in the middle of nowhere... Sorry
[signature]
Thats right, start them out young. What a great way to spend a day!

Bummer about your truck. Pay to play, it never ends. Glad no one was injured.
BaySport
[signature]
Yeah, all in all, a lucky break. The little one could have been hurt by all that, and Im thankful all I have is a broken window.
[signature]
[cool]Sorry about the window Whizzle. Hate it when bad things happen to good people.
[signature]
FEEL YOUR PAIN AND EVEN MORE!!!

went out to the lake on saturday to fish. VERY WINDY!!! I trolled the beach. Caught 15 stripers all ranged from 2.5 to 3.5 the largest. Did not bring the camera due to the wind.

MY DISASTER started when I pulled into the dock. The boat was very clean due to the water hitting all day long. Pull in to the dock and tied up the boat. First came a huge gust of wind and came across the boat. Everything turned to mud in the boat. That is the least of my worries!

Next when I approached my truck I noticed something different. Then it hit me. MY truck bed cover that was locked was not on the truck. A wind gust ripped it off the truck and threw it about a 100 feet away. It dented the top of my truck and also took out a back section of the slider window. Also had I repeat had side rain covers above my windows. They are also MIA. found one shock for the lid and three nice people at the dock helped me lift the lid and re install it. I tied it down and went home to tell the wife. Of course this was an act of God but still my fault. As BaySport said you have to pay to play. Sometimes just more than others.

Time to price repairs so I can get back out to the lake.

Stripercraze
[signature]
Damn! Its been a rough weekend out at the lake! Sorry to hear about that man. Its never fun to incur extra charges around X-mas time.
[signature]
BUMMER![/b] The things we go through to catch small stripers.

Was out in my side yard on Saturday morning at 4:00am. Wind was blowing hard. My pard Don pulls up with his diesel. "Sure you want to go?" I ask. "Yep" was his reply. We hook up and head out. Stopped at the light at Lake Mead and Boulder Highway, the flags were flying proud, snapping in the wind. "Sure you want to go?" I ask. "Yep" was his reply. Pulled up to the launch, headlights showed waves breaking on the ramp. Both the ramp dock and fishing dock were bobbing up and down in the water. Two boats were moving about the cove, their lights moving up and down in the swell. Never seen this cove with waves like that before. "Sure you want to go?" I ask. "Nope, it's only going to get worse" was his reply. So we did something we have never done before.....turned around and headed home.

Sorry to hear about the damage to your vehicle Stripercraze, but before hearing your bad news, I'd been feeling like a chicken for turning back. I feel better now! [Wink] Thanks.
BaySport
[signature]