Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice fishing flasher ?'s
I am looking into getting a flasher to help my ice fishing success this year. I have been doing a lot of looking but not sure what to buy because I don't have a lot of expierience with flashers. I am sort of in between the Vexilar (FL8 or FL12) and Humminbird (ice 35 or 45)units. I don't what to go cheap but at the same time I don't want to over do it and get a unit that has a bunch of extras that I won't need or use.

Do any of you have recomendations or information on which is the better brand and best unit for the money? Thanks for the help!
theidbreder

I personally have a vexlar 18 and a markham LX5 i bought the vex first and then the markham. It seems like the vex is easier to read than the markham. Yes they both are pricey. I would suggest the 20 vex cause they have made it even better than the 18 now. Everyone out here in Utah that I know that have had vexlar 8's or markham 3's has always made a move the next year to step up because of the zooms. My favorite thing to do is to fish the jigs on the zooms, and then you are able to watch your full fish column on the right and be able to reel up and catch the fish at different depths. I live on a low income but it is the best $450 I ever spent. My success has been phenominal. Hope this helps. Pikeman GO FISH
[signature]