Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muskellunge question!
Hey guys. The reservoir I frequently visit, is infested with muskie and pickerel. People catch Muskies on a regular basis and I have seen many over 40 inches caught. I have
been fishing this place for 6 years and never caught a Muskie. I must have caught 3 tons of Pickerel in those 6 years, but no luck with the bigger cousins.

Any suggestions? I tried larger shiners, cut sucker, jigging with spoons, jigging with big shiners, but no luck, only pickerel. One day the only other dude on the lake caught 2 muskies on tip ups. What am I doing wrong that I can't seem to get a break?
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! I invite you to the Pike, Musky, and Walleye board where muskies are discussed often. Here is a link , or just scroll up the index where you posted this.
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforum.cgi?forum=165
[signature]
try a big brown over gold jigging rapala. dont tip it. use an agressive jigging motion. when a fish comes in stop jigging and hold a few seconds. then jigle. if he backs away go back to jigging and bring him back. if he dont hit real up 1 ft and repete. visit the pike musky walleye board. ken
[signature]