Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation
The family and I are thinking about a trip to starvation but we have'nt been there in years. What is there for camping these days I know there used to be a rough camp by the bridge on hwy 40 where you could beach your boats and camp by the water. Any info would be greatly appreciated

thanks a-b
[signature]
There isn't much for rough camping at the bridge anymore. There is still the road that goes to the water where you can launch small craft. There is rough camping in Rabbit Gultch. The turn to get out there is before the bridge. There is Juniper Point. Just cross the dam, up the hill, and to the left. If you go a little further up that same road, there is a left fork that goes out to a cattle guard, where you turn left. Follow the road until you see a left fork again, take it, and it will take you into Knight Hollow, where there is more camping with tables and restrooms. Juniper and Knight are pay camping. I don't know about Rabbit Gultch. If you decide to come out, send me a PM and I can meet you over there to show you where these places are if you would like. See you on the water.
[signature]
Which one would be best to beach a boat at and still be able to keep an eye on it from camp

thanks again a-b
[signature]
Juniper, Knight, or Rabbit. They all have camp sites at the waters edge. Memorial weekend and July 4th, I always see a lot of campers on Juniper and a fair number at Knight. Rabbit is a little off the beaten path, so it has fewer people, and has the most beach space.
[signature]