Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toon & Standing ?
[size 4]
[center][Image: oc-discovery-10ir-2.jpg]
[/size][font "Comic Sans MS"][#000000]I'm new to this whole Toon thing, And wanting to buy me a toon, So my simple question is: [/#000000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"] How important to you is it to have the standing platform on a toon?[/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"] I want to fish areas like: ie. Strawberry, East canyon, Bear lake for whites, Mantua, ... you'll notice all are resivors, BUT, I am new to the Toon thing, so maby I'll expand my thinking and take on many, many other waters as I get used to the Toon, and Its possiablities, Thus your openions are well taken to hart. "How important is it, to buy $ a Toon; with a standing platform?[/font]
[signature]
Depends on how well you cast sitting down. Most tooners that have a standing platform are fly casters, floating on a moving body of water, where being able to stand up gives them a better view of where to cast. It could be useful on still water, but overall, not that important as you are not trying to hit a specific spot. Most rigs can be adjusted so that a standing platform can be added at a later date.
If you stand you have no control over your boat. If you sit in the seat you can maintain position through the use of fins. Finning and standing are at odds with each other. It's one or the other. If I had to choose it would be fins over standing every time.

God Bless,
Don
[signature]
You can keep your fins on and stand on these boats. Usually you tweek the oars though while standing.

For the waters you mentioned, I don't see it being advantageous. It is a sight fishing plus. I have had several outings I would have LOVED to be up higher to see the fish.
They aren't just for moving water, I have several friends that use them on stillwater with strawberry being one. Casting into the weeds. Let the wind move you, can only get better.
You can target more fish too. I think they are great and trying to design one for my boat.
It doesn't change anything, you still have the pontoon that you sit and either kick or row or even a motor, but now you have expanded. Slide the step out and lift the lean bar (most pontoons, the minute you lift the bar the step slides out with it) See some fish boiling, stand up and cast right to them.

The prices of these have come way down too. Just the Ultimate pontoon in my eyes.

One last note, I don't know if Cabela still carries both, but they had the Outcast VR9 I think it was and the Skykomish. Both were just under $1,000. but if you checked the specs, the Sky was so much more for the $. Longer/wider step, urethane bladders and a much longer warranty. Plus way lighter.
[signature]