Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
yuba blonde girls walleye
Went to Yuba this morning hoping to get into some walleye or a northern. We walked across the lake from the dam end to the other side. It was foggy when we got there and we were glad we had the gps to help guide us. Drilled holes from 50 ft. to 9 ft. Couldn't keep the perch off, they were consistently big, fat perch. Used jigging rapalas, tub jigs, flyer spoon all tipped with waxies or eyeballs. I thought I really had hit pay didrt when I set the hook and the fish started taking out line. Had a good fight for a few minutes then up came a lousy carp! So much for my first walleye through the ice. We usually can find the eyes in the summer but the winter is another story. It was cold but no wind so it was ok. Maybe next time. We left aboaut 11:00.
[signature]
I was the guy that you showed the golden walleye to on your way out. That was quite a trek you guys made to the other side of the lake. You were in a good spot for walleye or northerns, too bad it didn't work out.
[signature]
To bad we didn't know you were a member we would have introduced ourselves. We really needed the walk to burn off all the holiday treats. Fun to see you out with your daughter.
[signature]
I guess I missed you as well, I could see you from where I was fishing...

The perch fishing was great lots of big ones, and one pike...
[signature]
Got a picture of the pike?
[signature]
No picture, didn't get it through the hole...

I had 6# test, it has teeth...He won...
[signature]
Great report i am glad to hear that the perch are really active. My son has been pestering me to take him perch fishing this saturday. What advice can you give me as to fishing the dam side? I have some physical limitations that limit me as to how many holes i can drill and move my tent around. I would like to stay in an area even if we catch a few perch per hour my son would be happy with that . I can catch them in the summer but ice fishing is not my specialty.[:p]
[signature]
Was the water up any ?
[signature]
The water is about 20' lower then last year at this time....
[signature]
Thank you, thought there might be a rise since the rivers flowing
[signature]