Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report thursday night.b
Hit the bay with the old coot tonight. Coot got stuck in traffic so we only fished for about two hours, but we got three nice walleyes two 18 inchers and a 23 incher. We also got a couple medium size wipers. The walleye bite is definitley on at willard. The coot was using lucky craft bevy shad. And I was using a wally diver and plastic. It was a good time. The coot didnt have as good a time he had to sit in traffic for an hour.
[signature]
The traffic is the bad thing for me when I fish Willard. I can't head out till about 7:30 a.m. and by then the highway is loading up, then I have to come back through SLC about 4:00 p.m. Makes for a long drive with lots of traffic. But the times I have made the drive the fishing has made up for it.
[signature]
what part of the lake did you fish? thinking about hitting it friday night with the wife from shore because my sis has boat for the week.thinking about camping so we dont have to go far for the fish and feed.
[signature]
should I feel bad for living only a couple minutes from willard Smile

love them mosquitos.......
[signature]
We were right out in the middle of the lake. So without a boat you wont be fishing the same fish I have been. You can still get some eyes along the dikes though.

As the season progresses the eyes will continue to move out into the main lake and chase the shad though.
[signature]
[Tongue]Predator I was wondering where you have been,I havn't seen you post for weeks.LOL.

Just Kidding man.

Sounds like you have some walleye cornered,I finally have got somthing that works for them,we have caught 6 walleyes this year,hoping for more.

TIGHT LINES

Tony[cool]
[signature]
Predator,

How deep was the water and how deep were you running your lures. How about speed? Thanks much, and congrats on a nice trip.
[signature]