Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell Trip
The bass club I'm in is heading for Powell on the weekend of 13 to the 16 we get some great room rates we have a couple of rooms that some one could use if any one wants to bring there boat and come along...

The fishing is in years past been great with 70 to 100 fish days, and temps in the high 50's and 60's we get stripers walleye and crappie and bass LM &SM...

Just a bunch of friends going fishing, so if you want to come along for the fun let me know and will let you know more about the rooms and where...
[signature]
what month bassrods sounds like a blast powell is my favorite place to fish in so utah No utah is starvation caught a lot of bass and walleye their last spring/summer i am assuming your talking about April though if you catch the walleyes too.
[signature]
I guess I forgot to say its February 13 to 16...
[signature]
Feb., really that surprises me that you get into the fish that early. what typically do u use down their in water that is below 40 degrees.
[signature]
We fish all year down that way, water below 40???

Not sure where that temp came from its over 40 each time we fish it that I recall..

For some fish we use jerk baits and other cranks and spinners and so on some years its one thing and other times it something else...
[signature]
oh i guess the water temp doesnt drop that low at powell I m just used to waiting for the bass and walleye to spawn in the lakes in the north. Usually do that in water above 40 right? I still have a lot of things to learn but willing to soak it all up like a sponge. Thanks for replying.[fishon]
[signature]
What part of the lake? I got a call last week from Ticaboo telling me the lodge was closed and all reservations were canceled until April. The house trailers at Bullfrog are the only option in Bullfrog right now and they are expensive.
[signature]
what about the lodge at bullfrog?
[signature]
Get your room in Page like we do this time of year they run $41. to $59. and lots of places to pick from to eat and gas is just about like gas here...

The fishing can be great for lots of fish like walleyes bass stripers and crappie, we have found walleye spawning or close to it...Bull Frog waters are just a little cooler and the fishing is better down south...
[signature]
There is a bunch of us heading down from Grand Junction. we will be at Bull frog Fishing the Docks. The 14th and 15th.
[signature]
Good luck to you, we like the dam end this time of year lots more fish....
[signature]
My brother and I are heading down to Page for the 4 day holiday. We are staying at Bashful Bob's motel. I'll watch for you guys. I'll be in my 22' triton CC bay boat, black and white. Her name is 'Pez Vela" and the name is on the boat. The VHF will be on.

I'm really looking forward to this trip to get out of the cold and to fill the freezer with striper fillets. What a great lake powell is!Steve
[signature]
PM sent, let me know....
[signature]
are the strippers on that early by the bouys? we usually go the end of march and its phenomenol.
[signature]
[#800000]What is the name of your Bass Club, and do you have other fish trips planned?[/#800000]
[signature]
If you are talking about the buoys by the dam yes in years past they have been...
[signature]
The clubs name is Central Utah Bass, we do have other trips but no dates set yet...
[signature]