Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you communicate to your fishing buddy your expectations?!
Everyone at one point fishes with someone that is a little bit of a leach.
Looks like this guy isnt' going to do it anymore[cool]
this come thru the ticker above.. It's pretty funny!
How do you communicate your wishes? LIKE THIS! (click on the link below)
[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=470756"]Link[/url]
[signature]
unfortunately I can relate. I have "friends" that are the same way. And it spills over into other areas of life as well. Thye came over for the Superbowl, but heir kids trashed my house and didnt help clean anything up. They wear their shoes into the house, after walking throuhg the snow. They dont help clean up food, but they always want to pull leftovers out fo the fridge to heat them up and leave it on the counter to go bad. I often wonder how strong this friendship is! And dont even mention camping or fishing with these people. I buy everything, make the camping arangements and have to remind them 2-3 times that they owe me money for the campground. And they continuously borrow utensils, papertowels, etc and I never see them back.
I would laugh more at this posted story if it didnt hit so close to home!!![crazy]
[signature]
I know that guy!!![Wink]
[signature]
If I told you, Kent would have to edit the post and I would get banned.
[signature]
[#500000]I was ready to call this guy until I found out that he lived in Baltimore.[/#500000]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#000000]Very funny [laugh], I especailly like his idea of "I am open to any race..." [Wink][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
This is why I usually fish alone. Some people make rotten fishing partners. Like the ones that complain all day that they are not catching fish. Fishing is called fishing not catching. Or the ones that make everything into a competition. Sometimes you have to pay your dues to catch fish.
[signature]
[quote ChubbyChaser]unfortunately I can relate. I have "friends" that are the same way. And it spills over into other areas of life as well. Thye came over for the Superbowl, but heir kids trashed my house and didnt help clean anything up. They wear their shoes into the house, after walking throuhg the snow. They dont help clean up food, but they always want to pull leftovers out fo the fridge to heat them up and leave it on the counter to go bad. I often wonder how strong this friendship is! And dont even mention camping or fishing with these people. I buy everything, make the camping arangements and have to remind them 2-3 times that they owe me money for the campground. And they continuously borrow utensils, papertowels, etc and I never see them back.
I would laugh more at this posted story if it didnt hit so close to home!!![crazy][/quote]

Wow you and I must be kindred spirits... This is so me we should get togher and go camping/fishing it sounds like each of us would go out of our way to cover more than our share of expenses!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'm really glad you posted this. I was beginning to run out of excuses for not fishing with you.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Joking of course. Always good to share the water with ya.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am attaching a copy of a fishing buddy application I put together at one time. I too have grown weary of all the many things that a new fishing buddy can inflict upon a serious angler. But, to my credit, I am a quick learner. I only give someone a single chance to ruin a fishing trip before putting them on my "do not call list". You wouldn't believe some of the stories I could tell about my tribulations during the first trips with fellow tanglers.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That's a funny application right there!.
[signature]
Yep, I know that guy too. Haven't seen him for quite a while though. Work has kept me busy...I don't have time to fish anymore [Wink]
[signature]
Sorry guys I don't agree. I always pack more than my own weight.It makes me feel good.I don't sweat the small stuff lives to short.I do most of my fishing with my close friends and I'd give them the shirt off my back as they would me.

Rapalas aren't stingy when it comes to catching fish.
[signature]
l.m.a.o.
Da, the funny thing about fishing is you get to pick who you go fishing with.Quality time with a friend is worth more than money.Theirs never enough time for fishing.I go fishing to have a good time.Catching something is just a bonus.If I was so cheap that I had to worry about a paper towel or a camp ground fee I think I'd spend my time chasing aluminum cans.Theirs no way you can have a good time if your worried about pity patty [#000080]things[/#000080].Do you have change for a nickel?Now I know why they lock up the toilet paper in the restroom.
Oh ya I like to clean my own boat,so I can do it the way I want it done.I like to unload all My gear so I can put it up the way I want it.Ya my gear.Most of my fishing friends don't even have a pole let alone a lure,but thats okay because I have plenty.
Let me give you you cheap folks something to try.Next year on Christmas day when your spending your time down because you didn't get what you wanted try spending your time being happy because you gave something someone else wanted.

Rapalas carry more than there own weight and like it.
[signature]