Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rsimms, Chickamauga, Catfish, 2-8-2009
After a great crappie day yesterday, kind of felt like sleeping in today. But woke up at 5:30 and couldn't stand it. Got on the water about 7:30 and the first hour the cats were on fire! I even saw small blues taking shad off the surface. It was kind of crazy. <br /><br />Not sure how many I caught... wasn't counting. Probably 12 or 15. One other fellow anchored nearby fishing two rods... and he had both rods going just about non-stop.<br /><br />Then EricM showed up. emoBang <br /><br />I think the catfish recognized his boat and ran away to hide. emoBigSmile <br /><br />I did recruit Eric to take a picture of my biggest fish, caught about the time he arrived (26#). Other fellow caught one just shy of 30. Saw one other boat catch a 42 later in the AM.<br /><br />But after the first hour of daylight, bite was real slow. I'm not sure if I caught another fish? Bailed out about Noon... but it was fun while it lasted.<br /><br />EricM caught a couple good fish I saw. I hope they got hungry again after I left.<br />