Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RyanWood, Chick, Crappie, 2/9/09, Solo
Decided to enjoy this springlike weather yesterday morning so I went to the river about 8 am. Hit a dock that the fish move into in the spring but they were not back in the slough yet. Moved down the river to a boat dock that was on the main channel and the fish were there. From 9-10 am they bit very good. Kept 9 good sized fish, 4 of which were pushing 13 inches, and threw back several right at ten inches. All of the fish were thick and heavy. Caught the majority on the Fin-S Shad in Black/gray, a couple on the white/chartreuse ringer stringers, and a couple more on the electric chicken panfish assassin. Let the bait drop for about a four count and reeled in slowly. There was quite a bit of current being pulled which I know helped the fish bite more aggressively. <br /><br />It seems to me that the fish in the Chick are growing bigger the last few years. I always like to go fish Guntersville because of the size of the fish, but the Chick is catching up. Anyone else notice this lately?