Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
churly, The Gunny Hole, LM, 2/7-2/8, James
Was actually able to get out and fish for the first time in a while. After doing the radio deal with Tony Sanders. I eased down to the G-nasty and put in at Comer. I fished that section of backwarter close to the ramp. Water started at 44 degrees. James and his son met me around 10 and we decided to head down river and look at new ground. I say down river but I stayed between Goosepond and Water front. Long story short-we stunk it up, we had a few come off and a few short strikes, but it was depressing. Threw every bait known to man. Water was dropping and current was rolling. Found water at 49 before we left around 5. <br /><br />Sunday fished the Grant's TX. Decided since I struck out down river decided to run up. Morning started slow with 44-46 degree water. About 10 we made a run down a bank and boated a couple of keepers on traps in mega shallow water! I also lost a toad and I mean freight train on a shallow crank as well as another bite before leaving the area. James boated another keeper in another creek before working our way down river. We stopped at one of my old spring time holes before the end of the day and found water at 52 but the water level was so low we couldn't fish the area. Water was low but rising as they were backing the lake up. Hopefully they will fill the lake back up which should make for better fishing. Ended the day with 3 keepers that went 7-6. 25-11 won and 8.1 big fish. It was an absolutely beautiful weekend and it felt good to get a warm breeze accross my neck. The Grants boys put together a great tournament and there were 5 bags over 20lbs. The lake was loaded with wrapped boats and I saw many of the FLW pros spying on many of us. Most were courteouse and friendly.<br /><br />