Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Lure test - Pelican
When I was approached to try out a new experimental super lure I was skeptical...I mean I've used a lot of lures before and most new "super" lures catch fishermen and not fish. Banjo minnows, Flying lures...all catch fish at one time or another...emphasis on one time...mostly on the commercials.[fishin]

Anyway...I decided I'd give it a try since I was on my way over to Pelican...and it's the best place for ubber bluegills...I decided I'd take the chance and try the "Super" lure...[Image: bobwink.gif]

When we got to Pelican...the fishing was slow. In the first hour maybe 4 small gills...
But then I remembered...I needed to test the "Super" lure...so reluctantly I tied it on...

I have to admit it surprised me...this "Super" lure really works...I'm not supposed to tell anyone, or show anyone...but I have to...it's that big...[Image: bobwink.gif][Image: bobwink.gif][Image: bobwink.gif]

I've sent the pictures over to TD for resizing and posting...

Anyway...thanks a lot TD for posting...
and I've probably said too much about the new "Super" lure...but when you see it, you'll have to have one too...[fishin]
[signature]
I just got a PM from TD, he said he can no longer post pictures for me so unless one of the other mods want to resized and post them I'm sorry I won't be getting my pictures posted....
[signature]
That's too bad. Here, i will post a pic of your "secret" lure.[Wink]
[inline gillpill_01.jpg]
[signature]
are they on the market now or when will they, i would sure like to try them on a crappie before ice out.
[signature]
I know that lures like the flying lure or Magic minnow almost worked but this one is BIG...I mean BIG...
[signature]
isn't thst the gill pill by custom jig'n'spin ? It looks like it from the picture lunkerhunter put on. Nice to know it works so well for bluegills.
[signature]
You only wish you had a pictures of it, the fish we got on it at pelican??Well lets just say that lure is BIG...
[signature]
That is one of his not mine....
[signature]
yeah[Wink]
[signature]
Here are bassrods' Super Lures:

[inline "Super lure 1.jpg"]

[inline "Super lure 2.jpg"]
[signature]
That thing looks like some kind of Marlin bait!
[signature]
I see that grin on your face [sly] You gotta be kidding?
[signature]
Thanks kentofins and TD....

This lure only gets the biggins....[Wink]
[signature]
Its one of the baits I use when I fish in the ocean...

Some of the posts was getting to be too serious so I thought some would get a LOL out of this....
[signature]
Wow that lure is huge !! Looks like the ones i used to catch groupers with back in miami. [:p] You should have Pezvela try it out at yuba for big pike!!
[signature]
Gosh you are funny.....

Looks like a Musky Innovations bulldawg or similar knock off brand. Hardly a "huge" bait. Can be super for ski's in the Midwest. Tigers out here will eat them, but wouldn't be my go to bait.
[signature]
It works on Halibut...And Lingcod, I mite just try it for Tigers....
[signature]
I'm still not sure it is totally a joke. [sly]

One of the things I love about bluegills and sometimes bass is their complete lack of sensible fear. I have caught them on lures they had no business hitting, like a big jointed crank while fishing for tigers at Pineview. Once I had a red/white bobber slip down to the hook (bare), and a big gill attacked the bobber and hooked himself under the chin.

So, I am not sure what to believe.
[signature]
Well I'm going after Perch, crappie and bass next...Or maybe take it down to Powell next for Stripers....[Smile][sly][cool][crazy]
[signature]
The bait will work for tigers, though I say again, it isnt a go to bait. That type works better for true muskies. That type of bait is no where near new. They have been around for years now and copied by many, some copies better than others. Other types on the market are tacklebooty's SuperD and shack attack's curly sue or suzy sucker, all available in various sizes.

One friendly tip if you plan on using these for tigers, cut off the top dorsal hook. If a big fish eats it there is a fair chance that hook would actually get in the way of a hook-set. It isnt a useful hook.
[signature]