Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
snake lures? are they all there cracked up to be?
[Image: fish-on.gif]
ok so i was lookin for some off the wall bass lure to try this seson and i came across this soft plastic snake lure it floats and can be riged weedless to me it looks awsome i definitly like the idea however i would like to know if anyone has seen anything like it in stores possibly cabelas i have one somewhat close or outdoorworld or even gander mountian about the same distance to all three with gass the way it is i would like to save a trip if they dont have anything like it. also if anyone has used anything like em what were your results? did they work beter at sertin times of the year/day what colors seemed to work with what types of water ect ect...
[signature]
I have tried these to and have caught some nice bass on them but it seems to be only certain ponds around where I live that have water moccasins around. If I use them in areas where those snakes aren't usually seen I get nothing.

It goes back to the same old thing. Use artificial lures that represent whats available to the fish you are after.
[signature]
hmmmm that is good to know i dont have any ponds or lakes around here with snakes i dont think. well atleast i never noticed i will have to take a look and see. glad i didnt get thos but still i would like to see if cabalas or somthing else has them it would be nice to get like a 3 pack or somthing just to have incase i go back to florida and to try out here anyway coulndnt hurt [Wink] any of the places i fished while i lived in florida would work great lots of snakes [sly]
[signature]
Hi,
It is a very nice informative work, i really like and love all these.

kim
[signature]
Every lake has snakes... This lure can catch monsters if you fish it right. I would get one and find some nice cover in shallow water and retrieve it like a weedless frog. Good luck
[signature]
every lake has snakes? i never seen any around here in northern illinois
[signature]
Correct! Although northern Illinois is not known for its snakes the most common snake is the Northern Water Snake. I live in central Indiana where the snake is as common as the muskrat. I wouldn't think you would have very much luck up in N. Illinois but definitely get some so when you go south for some fishing you can say you caught a monster on a weedless snake. BTW the albino snake seems to work best for me. Hope this helps and good luck.
[signature]