Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rooster tail
Does anybody else have luck with rooster tails? I catch a ton of bass but i wonder if any huge monsters have been caught with them?
I catch LMB and Smallies on them quite often when I am fishing freshwater.[cool]

I do have a friendly reminder for you. Please change your sig file. It is not legal to use a link in your signature without the administrators approval. thank you.
[signature]
Gotcha! Thanks for the heads up.

About what sizes do you catch with roosters? I cant seem to get anything over 3lbs.[frown]
[signature]
Ok, now I HAVE to get a rooster tail and try it. I fished for a couple of hours yesterday. The bass weren't biting any of my lures. My girlfriend, on the other hand, or as I called her, "Miss Catfish", caught 4 huge catfish. I got a baby crappie...[unimpressed]
[signature]
I recomend dark or "natural" colors. Also make sure te lure weight is in range of ur pole. Otherwise the blade wont spend and it would be a complete waste of time.
[signature]
We get some nice sized Bass in a few of my local lakes. We can usually get the 6 to 9lb Bass to grab em unless a big girl is hanging around. Most of the females in our lakes in SoCal are in the 12 to 18lb range. My best on a blue Rooster tail was barely 14lbs. I caught that in a float tube.[cool]
[signature]
Hey Simp.
You would be surprised how the Bass will respond to some of the different colors. I keep a nice selection in my glove box just for emergency. Rooster tails are one of my "Catch Almost Anything" type of lures.[cool]
[signature]
i use the smaller ones for trout 1/16 oz the one called mouse its a light gray hammers rainbows in creeks and streams
[signature]
I use rooster tails quite a bit while wading rivers and streams here in Iowa. I always tie on a panther martin spinner 1st though
[signature]
I used to use them in So-Cal growing up. Caught a couple 6 pounders one trip, My biggest Bass 12lbs came off a 1/32 ounce green rooster tail, while I was catching bluegill. If I am fishing a lake for the first time and i am not sure whats in there, I will go tube jig then rooster tail,blue fox for my goto's
[signature]
Rooster Tails is one of my favorite all around lures! Bass, all kinds of trout, crappie, it catches just about anything.
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Anything that will hit a spinner (Rooster Tail, Panther Martin, Blue Fox, Etc...) will also hit a spinnerbait... plus spinnerbaits are weedless. I'd try that route. Tons of monster bass have been bagged on spinnerbaits throughout the years.
[signature]