Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open water Fishing
I'm heading out to fish some open water in the morning, it will be great to get my boat out...

Will make a report when I get back...(when or if I come back)[Wink][Wink]

Well I'm back and the boat did not sink so all is good...

I went to my private lake [Wink] ...I got there at 6:30 and was on the water by 6:45...

The temp was 16 but felt like 0, when I pulled my trailer out of the water and parked it and walked back to the boat the water was frozen on the ramp, water temp was 35* at launch and 36* when I loaded my boat at 2:00...

The fishing was hot for about one hour and a half to two hours then it died...

The first fist was a brown about 20" long, at 8:30 to 9:00 the fishing just stopped for me but I did get 3 SM bass the biggest at 19 1/4", 6 rainbow the biggest at 16 to 17" (did not tape) and 7 browns the biggest at around 23" (did not tape them)
most came on the MOJO drop shot and gulp and two or three on the lucky craft 78 from 9:00 till 2:00 it was a long day...
[signature]
Sure hope he took a life vest [Wink]
[signature]
I had thrEE!!!!! Thank you very much...[Wink][cool][sly][sly][fishin]
[signature]
How much open water is at the Rock Cliff area?

Can you launch from the Hailstone boat ramp ?
[signature]
The only ramp that is open is the PWC...

There is about 1/2 mile of ice in rock cliff..
[signature]
Hey Cliff good to see you made it back!!!![sly][sly][Wink]
Sounds like you done okay,
I also have had good luck with the lucky craft I like trolling them but you sure loose alot of them up there $$$$[Wink]
After the gorge trip I had to buy a new outdrive $$$$$$$ it was going out anyway, But I'm shore the cold didn't help it out ?
They sent me the new one so I'll put it on Saturday, That way I can get up and start chasing the browns around before I take the boat up and drop it off at the gorge,
That is a good spot to test it out anyway[Wink]
[signature]
They are costly but they work... The best spots for browns is still under the ice....
[signature]
Planning on trying it on the 21st so hopefully it warms up and they put a courtesy dock in the water. Thanks for the reports funny to hear you using the luckycrafts good to hear the treated you well.
[signature]
Out of all the fish I caught only 3 or 4 came on the lucky craft all the rest came by drop shot...
[signature]
I saw one 'lone' boat cutting through the lake the other day, I thought it might just be you bassrods....I was checking for clear water at the Rock Cliff area...

Thanks for the report !!
[signature]
I have fished Jordanelle three times out of my boat and got at least one brown and bass each time....Some days are just better then others...But all fishing days are good...
[signature]