Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba 3/20-3/21
My brother-in-law and my self hit Yuba this week end looking for some toothy critters. It was slower then I was hopping for but we managed to get a hook in 7 of the beast. The best of them was a 37 inch 16 pounder that my brother-in-law caught Saturday morning. The rest were all about the same in the 7 to 8 pound range. We fished for perch and eyes but got skunked on them the only other thing that seemed to be biting was carp.[cool]
[signature]
Wow! 7 toothers sounds like a pretty awesome weekend! What do you like to use when you go after them down there?
[signature]
See now if you would have waited till next weekend (our Yuba Pike/Walleye Tournament) you could have walked away with alot of money for those fish!
[signature]
I also went saturday. Wind was terrible[:/]. And i got skunk all over me[blush]. Not even a bite from carp. Was mostly fishing for eyes. Man i need to figure them things out[cool]
[signature]

[quote tmas]Wow! 7 toothers sounds like a pretty awesome weekend! What do you like to use when you go after them down there?[/quote]
+1
If you call that slow, I need a lesson. What baits were working? How deep were you finding them?
[signature]
There is only one thing that we have found that works very consistently and that is a 6 inch Maniac minnow. We fished it for 2 years now and have caught Pike on them every time. Last fall we caught 7 in one hour and that was in September. If it works don't fix it.
[signature]
How do you rig your Maniac Minnow? Do you use a weighted jig head? If so, what size weight? Or do you use a weighted hook? Or a hook with no weight at all? Do you troll these minnows or just casting? Thanks.
[signature]
Jig heads is the best way and you can troll them or cast them. We have done both.
[signature]