Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fish attractant
I've fished with it and without it, not really sure I can claim anything about its effectiveness... Does fish attractant really make a difference on bass? If so, what kind do you use?
[signature]
To scent or not scent....In my opinion it can't hurt. To give a bait the scent or flavor of a natural bait just makes sense to me. I've only used scents on soft plastics and I use [url "http://www.pro-cure.com/index.html"]Pro-Cure[/url] and [url "http://www.atlasmikes.com/index.php?page=product&id=147"]Mikes crayfish scent[/url]
If nothing else it masks the human scent on your fingers.
[signature]
I like Megastrike for scent. Tried others, but it seems to work for me. I use it in saltwater as well.
[signature]
i dont like sents i havent seen any differnce in my catches with sents it seems to me as soon as the bait hits the water the sent comes off and stays at the top so i just stick to my soft plactics and i do pretty good for myself
[signature]
I use them most of the time and believe they work. If nothing else, it can remove or mask whatever scent comes off your fingers while you are rigging up your bait...suntan lotion, smoke, spilled beer, etc. Wink
[signature]
Scent can be effective on Bass if they are in the feeding mode. The attractant will generally allow them to hold on for a few extra seconds while they process the flavor. Other than that, there is not a scent in the world to force them to bite if they are not actively feeding.

My scent of choice is the Pro Cure gel. I inject it into plastics for a slow dispersion of the scent. Garlic tends to help with the human odor factor while the Crawdad or Nightcrawler scent helps with the yummy factor once they take the lure.[cool]
[signature]
I bought "Stimulate with Ultrabite" in Australia and that stuff sticks to lures like peaunut butter. It is a slow release gel also called "Barra". It works great I think.. It comes in 60 gram tubes and lasts for many uses.

I also bought "John's Tuna Oil" and that is something else! Yes, it stinks pretty good. It will take any odor from your hands for sure. I dipped Philchard and Anchovies in it and it smells like a strong fish. I think it don't hurt anything, but you don't want to spill that on boat seat or your clothing.. Smells for miles! Yuck.

I also use regular "Mikes Oils" in Salmon or Shrimp flavours for the regular Trout/Bass lures. They do OK I think..
[signature]